F Filip Zadina (2018, 6th, DET) Part 2

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Yeah, if you project his numbers over an 82 game sample he would be on pace for 56 points with 28 goals. Thats on a team with a weak PP and where hes had some injury issues. WHat I always look for the most in young guys in their first year in the AHL is production towards the end of the season. Zadina had his adjustment period to pro hockey and has been on a tear the last 8-10 games or so.

It will be interesting to see what he does in his call up to Detroit. I tihnk that will give people more of the gauge on him that they need. Depending on whose traded, I could see him getting a bit of PP time and third line mins while hes up.

I think overall, people need to keep expectations low. My guess is you see flashes of brilliance and overall dismal production.

He's still gonna need that offseason of gym work to be able to keep up and size up at the NHL level.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Your #1 prospect really needs it, 109th (20th in the rookie scoring) in the AHL scoring this season,
wish him all well though, not every prospect develops quickly,he is a player of the future, one day he is going to be good.

He's like the 2nd youngest in the entire league.. chill.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Had another assist tonight with 5 shots.

7 game point streak, points in 9 of his last 10 (11 points in those 9 games). Also has not been a minus in his past 10 games and is a +8 in that time. Something that was really criticized about him earlier in the year.

34 SOG his last 10 as well. I think this is the type of play everyone expected from him.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Looks like he's starting to have fun at the AHL level.

iwGBKK5.gif
That's a ridiculous play. Things like this definitely get me excited about his ultimate potential.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Hopefully everyone tempers their expectations. 19 year old in his first NHL stint playing with Glendenning and Vanek... Not a perfect match but better than sticking him into top minutes instantly. As long as he can hold his own in the defensive end Blashill will give him minutes and PP chances id imagine.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
hes also looking to be on PP2, so hell get some chances. Im sure if we're struggling out of the gates or as the game progresses, we'll see him get some spot duty on larkin's wing.

nonetheless, glad to see him come up and see how much he's progressed.. but, if he starts showing signs of struggling, send him back so he can regain confidence going into the AHL playoffs. no need to keep him up too long and let it screw with his psyche.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
hes also looking to be on PP2, so hell get some chances. Im sure if we're struggling out of the gates or as the game progresses, we'll see him get some spot duty on larkin's wing.

nonetheless, glad to see him come up and see how much he's progressed.. but, if he starts showing signs of struggling, send him back so he can regain confidence going into the AHL playoffs. no need to keep him up too long and let it screw with his psyche.

Na. I think he will (and should) be up for the full 9 games regardless of how he performs.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Hopefully everyone tempers their expectations. 19 year old in his first NHL stint playing with Glendenning and Vanek... Not a perfect match but better than sticking him into top minutes instantly. As long as he can hold his own in the defensive end Blashill will give him minutes and PP chances id imagine.

Yup. Realistically people have to realize he might not do much at all.

All this is really about is getting him exposed to the NHL so he knows how to improve in the summer. (Reading between the lines: Get stronger)

Reactions: saska sault

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Yup. Realistically people have to realize he might not do much at all.

All this is really about is getting him exposed to the NHL so he knows how to improve in the summer. (Reading between the lines: Get stronger)

Agreed. Even if he were to go pointless (obviously not hoping for that), it's to show him where he needs to be to be an effective NHL'er and reward him for his hard working in the minors and give him that big league pay cheque to keep him happy long term.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
How did he do?

Not much offense, but when you're centered by Luke Glendening, that's to be expected.

The biggest takeaway I had from it is he really aint afraid to play the body against these pros. He looked stronger than I expected. I think at one point he hit Jumbo.

Reactions: Goalie guy

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Looked as good as you can hope in a game where Wings had almost no offensive pressure, barely any o-zone time on the PP and he played mostly with Glendening/De La Rose and another rookie in Rasmussen.

Habs888

Mar 15, 2018
Looked as good as you can hope in a game where Wings had almost no offensive pressure, barely any o-zone time on the PP and he played mostly with Glendening/De La Rose and another rookie in Rasmussen.
Poor him..4th line with de la rose.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
He looked like he was chasing the play a lot during the game yesterday. Wasn't impressed. But it was his first game and he played with crap offensive line mates for the most part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad