F Filip Mesar - HK Poprad U20, Slovakia U20 (2022, 26th, MTL)

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
44 pts in 36 games on the season. Haven’t seen this kind of production from a u16 player in Many years. Imagine if he was getting more ice time. Potential late first round material?
I absolutely don't know where he could be in the draft. However this boy has really good hockey iq. Has weaker physical parameters, so all his points got with his skill. Next season he should move to Scandinavian (Finland or Sweden) because he will be far from the men's league and playing in the Slovak U20 League wouldn't give him anything.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
I absolutely don't know where he could be in the draft. However this boy has really good hockey iq. Has weaker physical parameters, so all his points got with his skill. Next season he should move to Scandinavian (Finland or Sweden) because he will be far from the men's league and playing in the Slovak U20 League wouldn't give him anything.
Or maybe see if he can go play in the ushl, but situation needs to be right where he gets good ice time. Also should look to add strength and some weight over the summer, much like Myklukha.

Reactions: hellwar9

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
3 game point streak now and he has officially tied Chromiak point total from last year in 1 game less.
Chromiak age 16-17: 46 pts in 39 games
Mesar age 15-16: 46 pts in 38 games

Chromiak also got to play with Hascak who was a point machine last year.

Reactions: Jabs102501

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
3 game point streak now and he has officially tied Chromiak point total from last year in 1 game less.
Chromiak age 16-17: 46 pts in 39 games
Mesar age 15-16: 46 pts in 38 games

Chromiak also got to play with Hascak who was a point machine last year.
Good thing to take into consideration is that our junior league is getting worse every year. But yeah I am not taking anything from Mesar. Great season so far

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Today he scored another goal in the men's team HC Poprad in a pre-season match although against a team from the lower league. Another 2004 Alex Sotek also scored a goal again. They're both fighting pretty well for their place in the line-up for next season.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
I still think playing with men would be better for his development.

After not draft Marko Stacha this year, also Simon Nemec and other boys want to go to the CHL leagues after this season. They do not see the point of stay home when our league is unwatched or watched minimally from the scouts. Also Ondrej Molnar and probably other 2005's plan the same way after the 21/22 season.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
After not draft Marko Stacha this year, also Simon Nemec and other boys want to go to the CHL leagues after this season. They do not see the point of stay home when our league is unwatched or watched minimally from the scouts. Also Ondrej Molnar and probably other 2005's plan the same way after the 21/22 season.

Yeah it's unfortunate the league is looked down upon, it's far from the worst pro league in Europe. Chromiak might not have been drafted had he not come over to the OHL.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
He is fighting for the spot for the WJC now.
I keep fingers crossed for him, really smart player, the only thing I am worried about is his height but he still can grow.
In the men's league he used his smartness to avoid physical "attacks" on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad