F Dalibor Dvorsky - Sudbury Wolves, OHL (2023, 10th, STL)

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

Sam Cosentino of Sportsnet says that Dvorsky’s Hlinka Gretzky Cup performance turned a lot of heads and has put him in the position to potentially challenge Connor bedard for the top of the 2023 draft.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Sam Cosentino of Sportsnet says that Dvorsky’s Hlinka Gretzky Cup performance turned a lot of heads and has put him in the position to potentially challenge Connor bedard for the top of the 2023 draft.

Nice, but impossible. Even if they are skill wise one to one, from marketing point of view is Connor B. above many others.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

There's no chance. Bedard is in a class of his own. Could Dvorsky be better than some recent 1 OAs? Easily could be better than Power.. but Bedard is another level and is projecting more to be a Crosby/McDavid level 1 OA.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Wont take long until he is called up to Allsvenskan. He is too good. Already the best player in juniors even thought he is so young,

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
There's no chance. Bedard is in a class of his own. Could Dvorsky be better than some recent 1 OAs? Easily could be better than Power.. but Bedard is another level and is projecting more to be a Crosby/McDavid level 1 OA.
He can absolutely challenge Bedard. The draft is in two years. For all we know Bedard could regress and never get better. It likely won't happen, but two years is a long time at their age.

Reactions: hellwar9

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
His presence in U20 Sweden no longer makes any sense.

His production is the best ever for a U17 player and he has nothing more to prove at this level after spending a year in Slovakia 1.

AIK Stockholm needs him to play the promotion.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
The number 1 Powerplay unit for us at the WJC is gonna be special. Chromiak on one side for one timers, Nemec on the point, Slafkovsky on the other, Dvorsky on the other side for one timer and Demek potentially down low distributing.

Reactions: Svedu

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I can understand not having a player play SHL regularly in their D-2, but AIK plays in Allsvenskan. Why would he be playing for AIK if he didn’t get to play for the men’s team by now?
I agree, doesn’t make sense to me. In fact Leo Carlsson in his D-2 just made his SHL debut today. Yet Dvorsky hasn’t even been called up to Allsvenskan. Maybe Swedish posters now more. Maybe AIK badly wants to win J20 league? I have no idea but staying in J20 is not good for Dvorsky’s development imo.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Svennebananer vettu. Det ska skyndas sakta till varje pris, kosta vad det kosta vill. No, just kidding. My humor is dry and cheap.

On the other hand... I remember Vesalainen was very dissatisfied with how they handled him when playing for Frölunda. Not sure Joni Ikonen was overly happy with how Frölunda managed him either. Both these guys were not on Dvorskys level by any means, but I have to say they were two big prospects, well above average.
Perhaps there could be some issues with giving foreign talents their opportunity? Who knows. Though I remember Pastrnak getting his chance early on for Södertälje when he was 16 years old. Even if Pastrnak was a great talent as well, I can't say Dalibor would have any less talent, rather the opposite if anything.
I mean Nils Höglander got to play with AIK at the same age and no one can argue that he would be more talented than Dalibor at this stage.

Even if Kemell, Lambert, Miroschnichenko, Wright etc will make this coming draft really good and deep. The year after will probably have the biggest three I can remember with Bedard, Dvorsky and Michkov. At least for now it seems like that draft could be historical. Even better than Matthews, Laine & Puljujärvi (yeah, i always ranked him higher than Dubois and rightfully so).

In my opinion Dalibor is the first forward in a long time from Slovakia with Hossa and Gaborik kind of talent, even if he's a completely different type of a player.
If he won't get some time in Allsvenskan soon, he should look around if there is any possibility for him to move. To a rival or why not Liiga. Even if I believe he will be fine if he needs to wait for one or two months more before playing against men.
Though I have to say that HockeyAllsvenskan has been a good league for talents before, Nylander, Pastrnak, Dahlén etc, the list is long.
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Dalibor moving to Örnsköldsvik and Modo. I believe that could be an even better environment for him and his development.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Your nationality has nothing to do with getting your opportunity. Swedish teams are just reluctant on bringing up underagers, and when they finally bring you up then often you get to ride the pine with 0 seconds played unless you're lucky. And sometimes the selection of who gets the chance from the J20 team can be a head scratcher. The best hope is for a lot of injuries/suspensions to occur if you want somebody to be brought up and play.

It's just the Swedish mindset, which yes, can be tiring. Dalibor is still young, and the season is still young. There's only been 8 games played in HA, 44 more to go. The U17's who have gotten to play most games in the HA are Mikhail Zhukov(yes, a Russian) at 37, and Rasmus Andersson at 38. Then we drop all the way down to 24 for Höglander and that amount trickles down fast.

Vesalainen was dissatisfied with Frölunda, but so was Lysell, and there are a lot of prospects in that pipeline who should be dissatisfied with their handling of prospects right now. I at least am. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad