F Dalibor Dvorsky - Sudbury Wolves, OHL (2023, 10th, STL)

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
We love having Dali here in Sudbury. Great player. Still has things he can improve on at the OHL level. I expect a monster 2nd half from him after the World Juniors. Hopefully he lights it up for Slovakia at the World Juniors and comes back to the OHL hungry to lead Sudbury on a deep playoff run.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Everyone should be happy that he’s playing well, but did you expect he’d struggle to score in the OHL? That he’s putting up a lot of points in junior doesn’t mean that any of the problems he had in the SHL are being fixed. We will hopefully find out next season if they were. Once he left the SHL for Junior there was no way of him proving the questions about him wrong this season, but he can still work on those things this season.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Everyone should be happy that he’s playing well, but did you expect he’d struggle to score in the OHL? That he’s putting up a lot of points in junior doesn’t mean that any of the problems he had in the SHL are being fixed. We will hopefully find out next season if they were. Once he left the SHL for Junior there was no way of him proving the questions about him wrong this season, but he can still work on those things this season.
He needed confidence in the biggest way, and seems to be finding it. It’s underrated in development. Playing with no confidence for extended periods of time, could ruin a prospect. So that’s a big plus, as well as playing on the smaller ice will help him convert.

Think people who’ve followed him, if they didn’t already know, now understand how good of a league the SHL is. Haven’t watched but one of his Sudbury games, so it’s not fair to say what he’s doing and not doing, compared to earlier this season… other than he seems to have a ton of confidence playing against his own aged opponents. Which has never been his issue.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
It’s good to see he has his confidence back. He’ll now give it another go at higher levels in camp next season, or even in the AHL late this season. .

Like I’ve said many times in this thread, some guys just take longer, and have to dominate at every level, on their way up the food chain. We all know how good he is against his own age group. It’s always been about playing up with him. The concern being, he doesn’t process what’s going on at higher levels and speeds. So while that’s a concern, he has plenty of time to develop.

It was imperative to get him into a situation, where he was able to get his confidence back, after his SHL issues. Mission accomplished. Still think he’ll be fine. He’s a really smart, skilled player. Just might take longer.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
I think he should play pro hockey. He is too good for juniors.
I know he was struggling with pro players but he needs to learn how to play at higher level. He won't learn it with juniors.

Reactions: Hinterland

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I think he should play pro hockey. He is too good for juniors.
I know he was struggling with pro players but he needs to learn how to play at higher level. He won't learn it with juniors.
Us Sharks fans have been saying the same with Quentin Musty. The duo is too good offensively for this level. Obviously let them finish this year and see how far the Sudbury squad can go in the playoffs in a weaker Eastern conference, but I think both should move on to another level next year (Musty can't unless he makes the Sharks however)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad