F Cole Caufield - USNTDP Juniors, USHL (2019, 15th, MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018
Such a smart player without the puck. Anticipates so well and finds the soft spots, don't see his game not translating to the NHL

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
This guy is the ultimate riser. I think he goes really early. I want him at 8 but doubt he makes it there. His U18's are ridiculous.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Yikes thatd be such a terrible pick

Caufield is not a top-5 pick and may not even enter the top-10

Hughes is to thank for a good chunk of his production

Or maybe Caufield is to thank for a good chunk of Hughes' production.

OR MAYBE they are both really good players and help each others production.

I don't think Caufield will go top-5. He may or may not go top-10. But hardly something you can pre-determine as a terrible pick when all the kid does it produce.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Or maybe Caufield is to thank for a good chunk of Hughes' production.

I don't think Caufield will go top-5. He may or may not go top-10. But hardly something you can pre-determine as a terrible pick when all the kid does it produce.
I said taking Caufield top-5 would be a terrible pick

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If 1-7 goes like this:

Hughes, Kakko, Turcotte, Dach, Byram, Krebs, Zegras

Then I'd take Caufield at 8 in a heartbeat. Play him with Mcdavid and he could score 45-50 goals consistently, period.

ginomini

May 25, 2014
If 1-7 goes like this:

Hughes, Kakko, Turcotte, Dach, Byram, Krebs, Zegras

Then I'd take Caufield at 8 in a heartbeat. Play him with Mcdavid and he could score 45-50 goals consistently, period.

Boldy would probably be the better pick there. I think he goes before Zegras. Anyways, doubt caufield gets picked before any of these guys. Expect maybe Zegras

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
tenor.gif

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Caufield, Hughes, Turcotte, Zegras, Boldy, Dach were all playing at the 2020-11 Brick.

edit: 2010-11

Last edited:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Same rap DeBrincat had paired with McDavid and Strome.
Well to be fair DeBrincat wasn't with McDavid in his draft year so the fact that his numbers stayed high while only playing with Strome was a great sign in his draft year. The major concern was DeBrincat not being an above average skater at the time of his draft. He's done a great job working on that since his draft, and showed that his shooting and hockey IQ were the real deal to translate to the NHL level.

In Caufield's case I think there's fewer question marks heading into his draft because his skating is very good. Doesn't mean he'll be able to translate it to the NHL like DeBrincat did, but I'm sure most people would be far more confident in Caufield's game translating than they were of DeBrincat's at the time of his draft.

Reactions: CanuckCity

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Can someone explain to me why Caufield shouldn't be considered a top 5 pick, other than his height? It's a serious question too. I'm not a scout or anything so I'd like to know what his big flaws and concerns about his game are.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Can someone explain to me why Caufield shouldn't be considered a top 5 pick, other than his height? It's a serious question too. I'm not a scout or anything so I'd like to know what his big flaws and concerns about his game are.
Draft filled with talented Centers. His size does affect his standing a bit, not saying it should. like i mentioned before, it's a bummer that hes having a killer u18, wanted him to slip at 15th, oh well, Risers will make other good slippers!

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
The kid is clearly really talented and I don't see any reason he shouldn't go top 10 ( 8,9, or 10), but I realistically think he will go at around the number 14 spot. I think he has a high ass ceiling and I would guess he becomes a 30 goal scorer in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad