F Adam Sykora - Hartford Wolf Pack, AHL (2022, 63rd, NYR)

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
1653310403345.png

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
No. Sykora is a very common name in Czechia and Slovakia.

Petr Sykora is Czech. There are actually two hockey players named Petr Sykora.

Adam is son of Roman, who is a former hockey player in Slovak league
Yeah I know it is a common name. But you never know!

He could have dual citizenships, mom could've been from Slovakia.

Thanks though!

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
This kid might be a sneaky good two way player that teams really like… Brandon Hagel / Lehkonen / Danault type plus has a late birthday for maybe more development upside.

Reactions: le_sean

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Sounds like Montreal has invited him to their Euro camp that will take place.
It will be very interesting to see where he plays next season.
He's young. I think he should stay in Slovakia.

It's a big endeavor to move to a new country. I don't think it's worth it. He plays for a good club, and it certainly won't hurt his development to take on a bigger role with them next season.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
He's already returned:

He visited Montreal and Arizona, saying these were the 2 clubs that showed the most interest in him. But he talked to a bunch of others reportedly as well.

Anyway, this season has been nothing short of sensational for him. (Well-documented by the progression in this thread.)

I have yet to see him in a calm state. He seems hyper-excited, pumped up & ready to go in every banal TV interview. :laugh: Even his profile photo at Elite Prospects seems intense. Does he ever sleep?

Could a late 1st-rounder be an option for him? (Not from Arizona or Montreal, of course.) I would not be surprised at all if he was picked relatively early in the 2nd round. Then again, he could also fall to the 3rd round, given his smallish stature & extremely young age – he missed being 2023-draft eligible by only 8 days. But that could also make him a big steal at the 2022 draft.

As a Kings fan, I can only compare him to Blake Lizotte. What a pest! :naughty: Totally indefatigable & constantly buzzing around. But he can also be lethal in scoring important goals.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
He's already returned:

He visited Montreal and Arizona, saying these were the 2 clubs that showed the most interest in him. But he talked to a bunch of others reportedly as well.

Anyway, this season has been nothing short of sensational for him. (Well-documented by the progression in this thread.)

I have yet to see him in a calm state. He seems hyper-excited, pumped up & ready to go in every banal TV interview. :laugh: Even his profile photo at Elite Prospects seems intense. Does he ever sleep?

Could a late 1st-rounder be an option for him? (Not from Arizona or Montreal, of course.) I would not be surprised at all if he was picked relatively early in the 2nd round. Then again, he could also fall to the 3rd round, given his smallish stature & extremely young age – he missed being 2023-draft eligible by only 8 days. But that could also make him a big steal at the 2022 draft.

As a Kings fan, I can only compare him to Blake Lizotte. What a pest! :naughty: Totally indefatigable & constantly buzzing around. But he can also be lethal in scoring important goals.
Arizona picks 27th, I could certainly see him taken there if he is picked in the first. Arizona is also very interested in Mesar, and so to Tampa Bay so that could be another Slovak right there in that range

Reactions: Faterson

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I forgot/was too lazy to re-check that the Coyotes have, in fact, 3 :skeptic: 1st-round picks (3, 27, 32), and Montreal has 2 (1, 26). So that certainly looks possible.

But the Coyotes also have picks 34, 36, 43 and 45 in the 2nd round! 😲 My goodness... If the Coyotes really want Sýkora, they really should have plenty of opportunities to get him. And the difference between 32, 34 and 36 isn't really meaningful, although it sure looks better on a player's resume to be able to say he was a 1st-round draft pick.

Montreal has two 2nd round draft picks, too (33, 62).

To be honest, I hope neither of these clubs picks Sýkora (or any other Slovak player). They seem like two doomed franchises.

Yeah, there would be more opportunities to get in their NHL lineup and stay there, but is it really worth it?

The Tankathon mock draft has Sýkora going to Seattle from 49, and I would like that. If he's joined there by Nemec picked 4th, that would be perfect! I mean, two teammates from Nitra being drafted by the same NHL team in the first two rounds of the same draft? Who would've ever thunk that? :nod:

As a Kings fan, I'd like them to draft a Slovak player, but it doesn't look promising. I guess you don't need 2 Blake Lizottes on the same team, and the Kings frown on smaller-frame forwards, so I suppose Mešár is out as well.

Reactions: Antiillafire

Trav1981

Jun 24, 2022
Can't see the Tigers taking a gamble with the 1st pick. They must've gotten at least some indication that Adam could be willing to play for them.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Can't see the Tigers taking a gamble with the 1st pick. They must've gotten at least some indication that Adam could be willing to play for them.
I did hear that his agency spread the word that he was 100% going to play in the CHL next year. So if MH hadn’t picked him, he would’ve gone second.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Glad to see another Slovak prospect doing well!

On a side note, some of those Slovak hockey jerseys/teams/logos are so awesome! I wish I could buy those jerseys. Especially HC Nove Zamky, HC 05, and Spisska.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
He made our top 32 (30th) as "B" rated prospect.

Not enough to compensate for your Slafkovský fiasco (I saw dedicated articles in Slovak media about your absurd ranking of Slafkovský), but OK. The future will show for all 4 Slovak potential first-rounders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad