F Adam Sykora - Hartford Wolf Pack, AHL (2022, 63rd, NYR)

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
5 pts in 12 playoff games. I wonder, could he see an invitation to the WC camp?
I wouldnt be surprised, that little man is oustanding and plays with relentless skating and efforts. His motor and compete level are high end, skills level underrated, he has quick hands, great puck protection and proceed the game fast and well.

I would be ecstatic to get him 2nd round with the Oilers pick.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Scores a goal in his first game for the senior national team against Norway.
It will be very interesting, if he makes the team and has a solid performance at WC. Could we see a team jump on him as a late first round pick? We’ve seen it before with Slovak player (Marko Dano). TSN had Dano ranked as a late second rounder.

Reactions: barriers

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
It will be very interesting, if he makes the team and has a solid performance at WC. Could we see a team jump on him as a late first round pick? We’ve seen it before with Slovak player (Marko Dano). TSN had Dano ranked as a late second rounder.

Central scouting has him at 42 (EU skaters). So it looks more like late second to early fourth range.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I’d ”reach “for him in the second there are no other tempting picks ( like some Russian kids that were projected to go in the first round under normal circumstances)

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Central scouting has him at 42 (EU skaters). So it looks more like late second to early fourth range.
Central scouting doesn’t matter that much, individual teams have rankings that vary to a much greater degree. Even looking at recent Slovak examples. Jakub Demek was ranked 129th among Euro skaters and yet he was a fourth rounder. He shouldn’t have even been drafted if central scouting mattered that much. All it takes is one team to like a player, that’s why i used Dano example. And I bet almost every team has seen Sykora on multiple occasions this year cause of Nemec, and could see him more at WC if he makes it.

Reactions: Brodeur and JohnJim

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Central scouting doesn’t matter that much, individual teams have rankings that vary to a much greater degree. Even looking at recent Slovak examples. Jakub Demek was ranked 129th among Euro skaters and yet he was a fourth rounder. He shouldn’t have even been drafted if central scouting mattered that much. All it takes is one team to like a player, that’s why i used Dano example. And I bet almost every team has seen Sykora on multiple occasions this year cause of Nemec, and could see him more at WC if he makes it.
You may be right, although I still think late second is where we can start expecting him being picked, which is not bad. But just to imagine - Four first rounders, I feel greedy even writing this. In the end, draft position is one thing, what is more important that they continue to progress and fulfil their potential.

JohnJim

Mar 19, 2022
Yeah, Central Scouting's rankings aren't always accurate in the end, especially when it comes to European skaters. For example last year Chibrikov, Räty and Tuomaala were in the top ten of European skaters but all of them dropped to mid second round.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I donk know. There are already 2 very young guys. To take third could be a risk. And what will say the older guys? They are on the same level maybe played more. And if Craig will take some young player only for that, he should sniff to big tournament...

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I donk know. There are already 2 very young guys. To take third could be a risk. And what will say the older guys? They are on the same level maybe played more. And if Craig will take some young player only for that, he should sniff to big tournament...
Maybe they should self reflect on their own careers, disappointing or not.

Anyways he’s on the team. Big chance to improve his draft stock in front of NHL scouts

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Yeah, Central Scouting's rankings aren't always accurate in the end, especially when it comes to European skaters. For example last year Chibrikov, Räty and Tuomaala were in the top ten of European skaters but all of them dropped to mid second round.
The draft proved them wrong but not the sporting events. And this is essential.

Raty and Chibrikov deserved to be selected in the 1st round.

JohnJim

Mar 19, 2022
The draft proved them wrong but not the sporting events. And this is essential.

Raty and Chibrikov deserved to be selected in the 1st round.
Yes, I agree. But apparently NHL teams didn't and sometimes that happens. Evetu team has their own list and sometimes top ranked guys drop a lot.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Biggest riser from Slovakia this season. Last summer before the season, he was not even considered like a draft prospect, today he can really go in the 2nd round. Nitra has done a really good job, I wonder if they will do something similar next season.

Reactions: Antiillafire

tmlmatus

Dec 29, 2013
Toronto
Not today's NHL.
We'll see; but imo undersized wingers with great motor are dime a dozen nowadays; you really have to be exceptional to succeed.

I hope he proves me wrong. Just been burned too many times with Slovak prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad