F Adam Sykora - Hartford Wolf Pack, AHL (2022, 63rd, NYR)

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
This team will upset. Sykora is a leader and Honzek and Dvorsky are top class. Imho the fourth team this year and the chances for a big upset and perhaps a silver or something like the Czechs managed last year are absolutely there.
You gave three good lines like they had last year. Strbak and Radojevic should be exciting as well.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Didn't have the best World Juniors, but he has 4+12=16 points in 33 games in the AHL. He's the youngest player in the league. That's not bad. I think he's looking like he'll develop into a regular bottom 6 NHL'er. The WJC was a little worrying. He had 2 points in 5 games. Shows what I think most expected that he's not capable of being an offensive driver, even for a junior team. I think that will limit him to a third liner in the NHL, at best. He may not even be that good, but he has the skating, motor, defense, and a little bit of scoring to make it in a grinder role.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Rushed to the AHL? Offensive game hasn’t arrived, hopefully path that was chosen wasn’t the wrong one. Even top guys in 2022 draft played junior this year. Looks like he doesn’t get the same kind of role as guys like Lambert
Not at all. He was used in a bottom 6 role and thrived at it. He will be a bottom 6 player in the NHL too, hopefully a very effective one.

He was the youngest player in the AHL this season and was able to keep up and played very well. He wasn't drafted to be an offensive powerhouse. He's a workhorse, energy player.

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
Rushed to the AHL? Offensive game hasn’t arrived, hopefully path that was chosen wasn’t the wrong one. Even top guys in 2022 draft played junior this year. Looks like he doesn’t get the same kind of role as guys like Lambert
He have been a decent AHL player at the age of 19, so on HFNYR we are happy with his progress. He got good ice team all season and in the playoff. CHL might have been a option, but Sykora was ready for the AHL. He is still very young, and a 2. rounder, so we expect him atleast another year in the AHL. Hopefully he can take another step and increase his offensive output.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Really a bad comparison. Lambert is a completely different type of a player. Sykora's season was very fine

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Sykora's season was above average. He has never been an offensive talent, he is a workhorse as mentioned above and he works hard every shift. An energetic bottom 6 player with a really good defensive game. You also can't expect his productivity to go up. The difference will be minimal the coming years, but there's a pretty good chance he'll be able to play that role in the NHL.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sykora had a good offensive start to the season. Towards the end he’s stopped scoring but the team also has more depth and I’m pretty sure he’s just playing less minutes and situations. This is his first full NA pro season. That’s a lot to handle and he’s the youngest guy in the AHL this year.

I don’t think he’s ever going to be more than a player who scores somewhere in the 30’s in the NHL, but I wouldn’t be alarmed by his play the last few months. Players in their first AHL season sometimes run out of gas.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Sykora's season was above average. He has never been an offensive talent, he is a workhorse as mentioned above and he works hard every shift. An energetic bottom 6 player with a really good defensive game. You also can't expect his productivity to go up. The difference will be minimal the coming years, but there's a pretty good chance he'll be able to play that role in the NHL.

I always wondered if Vladimir Sobotka would be a good career arc for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad