Extremely fast players who didn't lose their speed over time

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Selanne's skating eventually left him, but not until he was well past regular NHL retirement age.

teemu-selanne-splits.jpg

He's still in shape today as shown by Finland's Olympic hockey studio :laugh: (couldn't find a video of him completing it)

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
teemu-selanne-splits.jpg

He's still in shape today as shown by Finland's Olympic hockey studio :laugh: (couldn't find a video of him completing it)
I saw him behind me in a que when we both were queing for barbeque stuff in a Finnish supermarket just a bit over a week ago. My 4 year old son was there with me too. I talked shortly with Selänne and shook his hand thanking him for all the great moments he gave us hockey fans. Said also that I so much felt like him and the rest of the guys would have deserved to win the gold in Torino Olympics 2006. He was really nicely chatting with my son too, and left me an even better impression than I have always had about him. What a great player, a great person with charisma, and damn - he is just in so good shape even now! I’m honestly even a bit envious at that.. :laugh:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yvan Cournoyer.
The "Roadrunner" still had blazing speed right up until his retirement in 1979.
At the end, it was his back that gave out, not his wheels.
Sorry, not true. He was much faster in the 60's...grew up watching him...he was a neighbour for a while. Little guy, but if you ever saw him in the summer with shorts and a T shirt you'd understand his explosiveness. Huge thighs and forearms.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad