Extremely fast players who didn't lose their speed over time

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Selanne was better skater than 90% of the league at 40.

Some people say he lost a step already in his sophomore season though (injury). I can’t remember myself but I guess there are video tapes out there.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Some people say he lost a step already in his sophomore season though (injury). I can’t remember myself but I guess there are video tapes out there.

Yeah. I'm not sure how much speed he lost but I think he lost a minor step in his first two kicks. Iy was the torn achilles tendon injury. He was explosive AF but after that he was just explosive.

Jan 21, 2018
I have a strange theory that Jason Allison contracted Benjamin button disease and when he is like 90 years old he will be the faster skater on earth

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Gainey, Russ Courtnall. Maybe Ralph Backstrom? He was a wonderful skater back in the days before skating coaches.

I don't think that Cullen is that fast, just a technically very good skater.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He did. He was at his fastest in Finland and during his rookie season.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Gainey, Russ Courtnall. Maybe Ralph Backstrom? He was a wonderful skater back in the days before skating coaches.

I don't think that Cullen is that fast, just a technically very good skater.

Russ Courtnall was wicked fast.

As others have mentioned, Gartner too.

Reactions: Fixxer
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Seconded. Scored 20 goals well past the age I’d have expected him to slow down at.
I came here to write his name but I was unaware of how good he was only 2 seasons ago

How did he went from back to back 20 goals season to 3 goals in 74 games??

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I came here to write his name but I was unaware of how good he was only 2 seasons ago

How did he went from back to back 20 goals season to 3 goals in 74 games??
I didn’t see much of him after he left the Caps, but I would guess simply age caught up to him.

Aside from one great year with Joel Ward, it never looked like he had a ton of chemistry with linemates, he was opportunistic and would blow past defenders and score

Reactions: De Montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad