Visit site
Agganis Arena

1687381041192.jpeg

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Bergy's my current favorite player. I got to meet him in person at an autograph thing in Whitman in ?2012/2013? and he signed my cap and I got a photo with him, that unfortunately was lost forever due to some wine spilling onto my old laptop. Lost a lot of irreplaceable photos, including one with the Cup. Got an EHD after that.

Reactions: caz16 and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Former Bruins defensive great Matt Bartkowski doing the children's hospital visit in a costume from Frozen. I am not sure which Frozen character it is, but it's the reindeer obviously. The fact that his antler is floppy was very on-brand for Bart.

Hi @gorskic ! Great to see you here again! :)

Hawgood_38

Season Tix since '97
Sep 3, 2002
Pumping tires
Visit site
This is our 2 year old Havanese named Selke. The place we board him in New Hampshire dressed him up last year for Halloween as a hot hog. But note the Bruins dog tag :)

We live in Boston and take him for walks up to Boston Common and then back down the Comm Ave Mall where everyone else walks their dogs. But when you tell people his name, they're like "Silky?", "Selfie?", "Sulky?", and then we found our about some Irish legend about a mermaid named Selke that I guess can go on land and seduce sailors. I'd say less than 5% of the people we run into know about the award and get it.

We thought we were unique with his name, but it ends up as a 5 minute conversation to tell them the meaning of his name. C'mon Boston!

ShiftyNifty16

Blow it up, burn it down, hit reset and start over
Apr 11, 2014
Earth
My teen years ran right through the middle of his Bruins career, Rick always left everything out on the ice, a real Bruin to me, who doesn't get mentioned enough in the Bruins universe. He scored 40 or more goals 5 years straight.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
The role I most prefer Neely in. And the one I most miss.

Been a fan for 50+ years. Bobby Orr was electric — even as a young kid I knew to glue my eyes to him when he came over the boards. Seeing him live was awe inspiring.

Totally different player but Cam Neely was a player you glued your eyes to when he came over the boards. Nasty, dominant, goal scoring, hitting machine with a bad surly temper.. Seeing Cam Neely play live was also awe inspiring. A true treat to witness.

Very very good human being as well.

Yes, not the greatest NHL Team President in the game, but he’s put more than enough capital in the bank for this fan.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I googled “bruins dog” and this was my favorite result.

I actually have a golden now, so maybe I will recreate the real thing.
The doggo in your avatar is named Ray Charles...he's a blind golden retriever who once won America's Favorite Pet (or something similar on NBC iirc). His parents are big BRUINS fans and would dress him and his older brother Hawley Davidson in BRUINS colors.

Ray sadly passed away earlier this year from cancer at 9 yrs.....miss him much.....his page is still up on FB.....

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
The doggo in your avatar is named Ray Charles...he's a blind golden retriever who once won America's Favorite Pet (or something similar on NBC iirc). His parents are big BRUINS fans and would dress him and his older brother Hawley Davidson in BRUINS colors.

Ray sadly passed away earlier this year from cancer at 9 yrs.....miss him much.....his page is still up on FB.....
Wow, I had no idea. Thank you for sharing

Reactions: eightspokedb

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Hopefully this is okay to post - I regularly wind up curious about the nature of folks' avatars.

Would you, won't you, please consider explaining yours?

Mine is fairly straight forward - I live with a 200lb four legged Bruins fan who just happens to be the best pup on planet earth.

Go!
I want a video of you putting that sweater on Chibby....he is so handsome!!!

• Love
Reactions: caz16 and NeelyDan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad