Expectations for this core

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Im going to be honest , anything less than a cup before McDavid's ELC is over is considered a fail to me , due to the fact thats when the core will have to be shrunk considerably

Wow, you're setting yourself up for disappointment...Core doesnt need to be shrunkened..possible parlaid into other pieces..its up to management to fill out the rest of the roster with role players at reasonable costs....see Chicago

Firstly, I expect them to shed the bottom feeder image the Oilers have and atleast compete for a wildcard spot..

Secondly, I expect them to make the playoffs in 2016 season.

Thirdly, I expect them to become contenders for the cup by year 3 of McDavids ELC...its very difficult to win a Stanley Cup ..esp since the Oilers will likely need to go thru teams like Ducks, Hawks, and Blues.

My HOPE is they can win a Stanley Cup within the next 5-8 years

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
How about looking at it this way; there is no core.

Not a chance in he-- of being traded: McD

Near zero chance of being traded and seen as important players, going forward: RNH, Hall, Nurse.

Seen as key players going forward, but one is possibly moved: Klefbom, Eberle, Reinhart, Draisaitl

Very possibly traded and not seen as keeper players, going forward: Schultz, Yakupov.

Other probably keepers: Pouliot, Talbot, Lander, Sekera.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad