News Article: Expansion

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
Liked Toronto Northmen; sort of Viking flair

Seattle Ice Hawks could play off the NFL team and use the same colours. That green would be awesome as an accent.

Quebec would have to be Nordiques, unless they can't use it because Colorado says no.

Las Vegas Strip; Wedding; Lights - so much potential here

I like the name Northmen, but that's exactly what Nordiques translates to in English (I guess it wouldn't be so problematic if Quebec City were unable to retain its former name). Still, I'd rather see the 2nd Toronto team come up with an alliterative team name, like the Toronto Titans/Towers/Trojans/Tornados. Toronto Tornados vs. the Carolina Hurricanes.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
As silly as it is assuming a Markham location, I feel like Toronto#2 is going to be called the Ontario (whatevers, Trillium?) to try to avoid being Toronto Jr.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Yeah, because one organization's depth can be applied league-wide

Also, using your logic, how many AHL calibre players are in the NHL right now?

A lot of teams are in the same situation. That depth will be used in the expansion draft.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Just for fun.........

Seattle Slytherin's from Harry Potter

Toronto Pine's or Pine Cones like Tubby suggested.....

Quebec Nordiques has to be the Nordiques no matter what Colorado would say about it, as they took the team from Quebec let them have the Nordiques name.......................

Las Vegas Wranglers or Gamblers..............

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Seattle could run with Sequoias or Sasquach
Washington Wolverines (think of the mascot!)

Ontario Oversight
Mississauga Mosquitoes

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
I like the name Northmen, but that's exactly what Nordiques translates to in English (I guess it wouldn't be so problematic if Quebec City were unable to retain its former name). Still, I'd rather see the 2nd Toronto team come up with an alliterative team name, like the Toronto Titans/Towers/Trojans/Tornados. Toronto Tornados vs. the Carolina Hurricanes.

Oh, please, please, PLEASE let it be the Toronto Trojans! So many condom jokes! ;)

How about the Toronto Leaf Maples?
The Seattle Sleeplessness?
Quebec Separatists?
Las Vegas Gamblers seems the obvious one, but I doubt the NHL would allow that non-PC name. I kind of like what the other poster said about the Las Vegas Lights, in all seriousness.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Seattle Cranes.

tumblr_maymaxpsFe1qbl3a8.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad