Expansion Hypothetical: Which goalie do we protect?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
when decision is forced at least after 2018 if can drag that long

bishop is gonna get paid in tune of 7.5 range if he continues to play at this level?

if is disagreement ok we will agree to disagree

this is going to force a serious cap crunch lets take out stamkos even though YES todd im saying he signs lol

kucherov 6x6 tyjo 6x6 and palat 6x66 drouin 3 years 5 million bridge deal hedman 8.5 million

stralman 5 million
garrison 4.6 million
coburn 3.75 million

killorn 3.75 million
boyle 2 million
sustr 2.75 million
vladdy 2.25 million
nesterov 1.5 million

koekkoek 1.5 million

vasy 2 million

thats 60.6

filppula 5 million callahan 6 million paquette 1.5 12.5 total or 72.5

19 of our 23 three guys will have on roster probably puts us at 72.5

which maybe we get to 75 before expansion draft and These numbers im sure you will all agree COULD be LOW or im hoping they work lol

is pretty dammed tight with this working perfectly

now you add stamkos 10 million? GOOD LUCK

if we sign stamkos we cant really keep bishop if he gets 7.5

P.S. a SECRET?

THE 72.5 THAT IS WITHOUT A RESIGNED BISHOP

so you let me know how you are going to get this done?

GOOD LUCK :sarcasm:

The one thing you're not taking into account is that Bishop is AT WORST the second most important member of this team. So I think we have to prioritize his contract accordingly. There are about 14 guys I'd rather lose than Ben Bishop. This is guy THE reason we're in the playoffs right now. And this is the second time that's been true.

No doubt Vasy will one day be a great goalie too, but as of now? Like Sky said, we wouldn't have made the playoffs with Vasy in net this year. Even if we had Vasy in his prime this year, whatever that will look like, it's tough to say if we'd have made it.

It's a big deal to have the kind of eraser in net that Bishop is. Sometimes it just doesn't matter how poorly we're playing or how well the other team is playing.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
The one thing you're not taking into account is that Bishop is AT WORST the second most important member of this team. So I think we have to prioritize his contract accordingly. There are about 14 guys I'd rather lose than Ben Bishop. This is guy THE reason we're in the playoffs right now. And this is the second time that's been true.

No doubt Vasy will one day be a great goalie too, but as of now? Like Sky said, we wouldn't have made the playoffs with Vasy in net this year. Even if we had Vasy in his prime this year, whatever that will look like, it's tough to say if we'd have made it.

It's a big deal to have the kind of eraser in net that Bishop is. Sometimes it just doesn't matter how poorly we're playing or how well the other team is playing.

taking it all into account so yep i understand but the numbers are going to be a problem say goes to 80 million yes that covers bishop

but we still are missing 5 players say we move garrison/filppula/callahan

above we are topped off so each time you move one of these guys you got to add another spot so would take two range 10 milllion for 7 players

this is our REALITY whether we want to see it now or down the road in next two years

easier to move bishop make everything else worth give the kid the reigns after 2 seasons

it makes all the sense

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
taking it all into account so yep i understand but the numbers are going to be a problem say goes to 80 million yes that covers bishop

but we still are missing 5 players say we move garrison/filppula/callahan

above we are topped off so each time you move one of these guys you got to add another spot so would take two range 10 milllion for 7 players

this is our REALITY whether we want to see it now or down the road in next two years

easier to move bishop make everything else worth give the kid the reigns after 2 seasons

it makes all the sense

Better to move a young player for someone still on an ELC. I'd rather downgrade at LW than goalie.

He's just way too valuable to us to lose. Until there comes a time when that's not true, I don't think we can entertain the idea of losing him. Losing Bishop means we might not be a playoff team. That's too big a risk.

If the choice is between Stamkos and Bishop? The answer is easy. I've seen us play well without Stamkos.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Better to move a young player for someone still on an ELC. I'd rather downgrade at LW than goalie.

He's just way too valuable to us to lose. Until there comes a time when that's not true, I don't think we can entertain the idea of losing him. Losing Bishop means we might not be a playoff team. That's too big a risk.

If the choice is between Stamkos and Bishop? The answer is easy. I've seen us play well without Stamkos.

keeping either is not good decision to me

hope the magic man has some trickery left in him:) hes gonna need it in next 2 seasons lol

losing 3 forwards would be tough all good defensively but id assume if keep bishop killorn callahan and flipper are gone and we keep garrison but will leave 7 spots open at like 7-8 million left

means hope the minors come through or we pull a trade that keeps us up at top somehow with the right moves

losing right amounts for viable players which can work

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad