Expansion draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Is putting the puck in the net on a regular basis a good thing? Yes.

That's a major exaggeration. That's like bragging about Leier because his 1 goal in 87 minutes is 5th on the team in G/60 at ES. Raffl had a brief hot-streak that accounted for most of his production, and was invisible at both ends of the ice for the majority of his games.

He did not have a good season, but I still think he can bounce back.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
That's a major exaggeration. That's like bragging about Leier because his 1 goal in 87 minutes is 5th on the team in G/60 at ES. Raffl had a brief hot-streak that accounted for most of his production, and was invisible at both ends of the ice for the majority of his games.

He did not have a good season, but I still think he can bounce back.

I love France, the country - I love the language and the women and everything else. But Pierre Edouard Bellemare has sickened me on the thought of carrying Euros from non-traditonally strong nations that we pick up for free. And most of it isn't even his fault - he's mostly covered in the skidmarks of his twin's underpants-level **** play. Raffl is caught in the crossfire of that exhaustion too, though. I'm so ****ing overjoyed that we are finally drafting deep into the draft and bringing normal prospects along and I'm really looking forward to slotting them into the lineup and leaving the freebies for the Rangers and their idiotic approach. I like Raffl as a person and everything - how could you not? And he doesn't do much harm. But I've had enough, really - or at the very least, I'm looking forward to the day when someone takes over for him.

This is not meant as a logical view of anything, but rather a purging, and - as always - should not be taken too seriously.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
I love France, the country - I love the language and the women and everything else. But Pierre Edouard Bellemare has sickened me on the thought of carrying Euros from non-traditonally strong nations that we pick up for free

What have Luby and Medvedev done for your opinion of carrying Euros from traditionally strong nations that we pick up for free? :sarcasm:

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
8 of raffls 11 points came while playing with giroux and/or voracek. when he isnt playing with the 2 best players on the team he has 3 points. acting like he's some offensive force on this team is even more stupid than believing Matt Read is having a solid season.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
8 of raffls 11 points came while playing with giroux and/or voracek. when he isnt playing with the 2 best players on the team he has 3 points. acting like he's some offensive force on this team is even more stupid than believing Matt Read is having a solid season.

What next year should bring....and into future years....is that the Raffl's of the world are not playing in our top 6 anymore.

G
Jake
Flip
Schenn
Simmonds
Couts
TK
Lindblom

They should all be playing above him. Pushing a guy like Raffl to the 4th line should mean we finally have good depth.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Raffl has been a 28 points per 82 game player as a Flyer while playing mainly in the top 9 with limited PP time. Read is 6th in 5 on 5 production and 1st in GF% this season - very solid numbers for a bottom 6 player.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...ters&minutes=200&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

Being unable to communicate like an adult obviously goes hand in hand with being completely ignorant. :laugh: Keep mashing those keys with the backs of your hands and maybe someday something intelligent will magically appear on screen.
the guy throwing insults like a 5 year old is lecturing others on communicating like an adult. watch out hfboards we got a real keyboard badass on our hands..

neither of those stats prove anything and just go to show again that you don't watch games. And that you have some weird obsession with defending mediocre players. just because you can throw out insults like youre in the elementary school playground doesn't make you intelligent, champ.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
http://www.dobberprospects.com/vegas-golden-knights-expansion-mock-draft/

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS – (7-3-1)

Forwards: Claude Giroux (NMC), Jakub Voracek, Brayden Schenn, Valtteri Filppula (NMC), Wayne Simmonds, Jordan Weal

Defensemen: Radko Gudas, Brandon Manning, Shayne Gostisbehere

Goalie: Anthony Stolarz

GM Peter Harling - “Some interesting choices here, with so much talent coming on the blue line Philly chooses to expose non-essential assets and protect more forwards. Matt Read is a risk, with an affordable cap hit and only 1 year remaining he could be a target for Vegas. Raffle is a versatile player as well and could be an option.â€

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Does anyone else just get an ad page when they click this link?

Odd to include Weal, sad to include Manning. I don't know which of Manning or MacDonald would be the lesser of two evils. I'm a pessimist that Hextall is going to land a defenseman worth protecting.

Why is it odd to include Weal? He's earned that protection over everybody else if you ask me. Everybody is mostly a role player that can be replaced.

Also you have Manning for 1 year as of next year @ 975K. You have MacDonald for 3 @ 5M a year. You expose the more expensive option for the sheer luck of getting rid of it for free.

Manning can be buried in the AHL for his whole cap hit.

These aren't difficult decisions here.

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
Why is it odd to include Weal? He's earned that protection over everybody else if you ask me. Everybody is mostly a role player that can be replaced.

Also you have Manning for 1 year as of next year @ 975K. You have MacDonald for 3 @ 5M a year. You expose the more expensive option for the sheer luck of getting rid of it for free.

Manning can be buried in the AHL for his whole cap hit.

These aren't difficult decisions here.

Weal isn't signed past this season. Protecting him implies that he is signed. It's just a bit of a cart-before-the-horse thing. And, yes, there would be much rejoicing were MacDonald to be selected; it's just the soul-punch of seeing Manning protected by default where other teams will be losing significant talent for want of a free D space.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Weal isn't signed past this season. Protecting him implies that he is signed. It's just a bit of a cart-before-the-horse thing. And, yes, there would be much rejoicing were MacDonald to be selected; it's just the soul-punch of seeing Manning protected by default where other teams will be losing significant talent for want of a free D space.

If Hextall could swing a deal, I'd be for it, but I assume you are getting a good player back. Which kind of defeats the purpose of letting your young guys earn the roster.

Listening to Pattison Ave's podcast. Craig was saying that he is hoping Hextall dips into Tampa's roster again. They have 3 RFAs (Johnson, Palat, Drouin) to resign plus the Expansion Draft.

Maybe you can make a deal and get one of those kids for your 7th forward spot. Kill two birds, improve your forwards and use your protection slots appropriately.

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
If Hextall could swing a deal, I'd be for it, but I assume you are getting a good player back. Which kind of defeats the purpose of letting your young guys earn the roster.

Listening to Pattison Ave's podcast. Craig was saying that he is hoping Hextall dips into Tampa's roster again. They have 3 RFAs (Johnson, Palat, Drouin) to resign plus the Expansion Draft.

Maybe you can make a deal and get one of those kids for your 7th forward spot. Kill two birds, improve your forwards and use your protection slots appropriately.

For sure, the proposition of dealing for a forward or (especially) defenseman would be to look for a home run rather than just being able to get an okay player on the cheap.

Regarding Weal, I'm pretty neutral on him. He showed good skills in his time on the Flyers this season, but signing him adds to a real logjam of maybe, possibly, hopefully forward talents: Cousins, Laughton, Leier, Vecchione. And these players will have to pass through waivers to go to the Phantoms, so there is a very real possibility of losing them for nothing. The FO has to prioritize whom they believe has the highest upside for the short and long term.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
For sure, the proposition of dealing for a forward or (especially) defenseman would be to look for a home run rather than just being able to get an okay player on the cheap.

Regarding Weal, I'm pretty neutral on him. He showed good skills in his time on the Flyers this season, but signing him adds to a real logjam of maybe, possibly, hopefully forward talents: Cousins, Laughton, Leier, Vecchione. And these players will have to pass through waivers to go to the Phantoms, so there is a very real possibility of losing them for nothing. The FO has to prioritize whom they believe has the highest upside for the short and long term.

I have lost faith in 3 of those. Vecchione is an unknown still. Weal has surpassed Laughton/Leier/Cousins in my eyes.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I have lost faith in 3 of those. Vecchione is an unknown still. Weal has surpassed Laughton/Leier/Cousins in my eyes.

I'm interested to see how Laughton looks if he gets recalled. All reports suggest he has played very well in his role since being demoted. Lots of ES points and improving on defense and PK.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I'm interested to see how Laughton looks if he gets recalled. All reports suggest he has played very well in his role since being demoted. Lots of ES points and improving on defense and PK.

I agree, I'm willing to give him a shot, but we've seen score at ES in the NHL. Thats why he's above him right now. I don't think Laughton is grabbed anyway. I think they'd grab Raffl or Read

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
The logjam is not all bad. It forces the GM to make decisons moving forward because there is competition from within for several roster spots.

Laughton, Cousins and Leier seem to compete for the same bottom-6 checking winger spot, which in the worst case may be no more than the 13th FWD roster opening as a consolation prize because they already have an abundance of Veteran checking forwards.

Weal as a playmaking top-6 winger may find it easier to settle in as long as he can keep up the production. Hextall should definitely try to re-sign Weal and trade one of the forementioned.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Stars may be looking at trading Cody Eakin before the ED. He had a really poor season coming off a knee injury (12 points in 60 games), but before that he had three years scoring 110 points in 241 games.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/da...stars-look-trading-cody-eakin-expansion-draft

Prior to this season I thought he might be worth trading for to be the Flyers 3C, but getting Filppula means there's no need for him here anymore. Even if the Flyers lose Laughon or Cousins to Vegas, there would still be three top 9 centers and three 4th line centers.

Giroux
Couturier
Filppula
Bellemare & Vecchione
Cousins or Laughton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad