Expansion draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
7 Forwards: G, Simmonds, Voracek, Couts, Schenn, Filp, Weal (yes, Weal over Raffl or Cousins)
3 D-men: Ghost, Gudas, Hagg (yes Hagg, because screw Manning)
1 Goalie: Stolarz

That is who I'd want.

I'd leave Weal off and pick between Cousins, Raffl or Laughton. We can always save that protection and just resign him after the ED.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I'd leave Weal off and pick between Cousins, Raffl or Laughton. We can always save that protection and just resign him after the ED.

Forgot about Laughton. But yeah, it's kind of a toss up.

Is Hagg eligible? I'd protect him over Manning if he is because I agree, screw Manning. I just didn't think he was eligible.

I think he is because he has enough Pro years under his belt. Basically the same reason we have to protect Stolarz.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Lol. Whoops. Right next to each other too. :facepalm: I didn't hear anything about Stolarz being protected and I can't find anything Google about it. Is there a link to that? Change Schenn the Second to Raffl.

The season ticket holders town hall meeting where Hakstol was grilled. Lots of people came back and said Hextall told them their intention is to protect Stolarz.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The season ticket holders town hall meeting where Hakstol was grilled. Lots of people came back and said Hextall told them their intention is to protect Stolarz.

The benefits of being a STH I suppose! Well ok, then swap out Neuvirth for Stolie (or maybe we can protect Schenn as a forward AND a goalie).

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Dale Weise just may be playing his way back into possible expansion fodder.

And ironically also playing his way into where his detractors are second guess their wishes Th Golden Knights select him.

... I may be one of his biggest anti-fans... and I'm quite intrigued by the thought of a Weise who might consistently play like he has the last several being with the Flyers for an entire Season like this. Since he has been with Coots... and Coots has been reborn Offensively... Weise has played up to his Cap Hit... and the though of the length of his Contract is no longer scary... He better not relapse on us.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Dale Weise just may be playing his way back into possible expansion fodder.

Somehow I doubt it. He's still got three years on his deal after this one.

Even if he were to regress to his career average numbers that third year would be a sticking for me if I were Vegas' GM

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
And ironically also playing his way into where his detractors are second guess their wishes Th Golden Knights select him.

... I may be one of his biggest anti-fans... and I'm quite intrigued by the thought of a Weise who might consistently play like he has the last several being with the Flyers for an entire Season like this. Since he has been with Coots... and Coots has been reborn Offensively... Weise has played up to his Cap Hit... and the though of the length of his Contract is no longer scary... He better not relapse on us.

His play didn't change one bit though. I would rather have a good player thriving in there kinda like Konecny earlier in the season, than having Weise leech of him and go back to his worthless self once Couts cools off.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Weise has been looking good for LV but I still think they would take/sign Weal if they can. He is here to stay in the NHL and plays a lot like Briere and during the last game was compared to Marty St. Louis. I do think it is funny though that the LV gm doesn't want the lists to become public because he knows he will get a lot of flack from his selections already :laugh:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
That ESPN list that came out from the 4 writers was reviewed by a podcast I listen too and the guy was like "most of these players aren't good" If they legitimately think these are the players that will get selected, I mean, if you ignore contracts, Weise/MacDonald may be some of the better players available. Cap Space won't be that big of an issue. I mean MacDonald 3/15 isn't a cap crusher. It's not like they'll have an Ovechkin to pay 9MM dollars for soon.

I didn't look at those rosters, so I can't really speak, but the guy I listen to is a pretty knowledgeable so I take it with a grain of salt.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Weise has been looking good for LV but I still think they would take/sign Weal if they can. He is here to stay in the NHL and plays a lot like Briere and during the last game was compared to Marty St. Louis. I do think it is funny though that the LV gm doesn't want the lists to become public because he knows he will get a lot of flack from his selections already :laugh:

I imagine what the Flyers might try and do is agree a contract with Weal... and then leave him unprotected.

Because he is an upcoming UFA, and Vegas can only use 10 picks on upcoming UFA/RFAs.

In that situation then that realistically gives (due to UFA/RFA rule) Vegas:

Read, Weise, Bellemare, MacDonald and Neuvirth to pick from. (assuming Raffl and Manning protected.)

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I imagine what the Flyers might try and do is agree a contract with Weal... and then leave him unprotected.

Because he is an upcoming UFA, and Vegas can only use 10 picks on upcoming UFA/RFAs.

In that situation then that realistically gives (due to UFA/RFA rule) Vegas:

Read, Weise, Bellemare, MacDonald and Neuvirth to pick from. (assuming Raffl and Manning protected.)

I'd rather not take that chance, sign him and protect him. I couldn't come up with a 7th forward personally. They aren't taking PEB so who cares.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I'd rather not take that chance, sign him and protect him. I couldn't come up with a 7th forward personally. They aren't taking PEB so who cares.

If he and his agent don't go for it then sign him...

but doing that means exposing Raffl. Who would almost certainly be the pick. Not an enormous loss but that also means Read, Weise, AMac and Neuvirth have very little chance of being taken. Raffl is better than all of them and has more of a place on team going forward IMO.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013

but doing that means exposing Raffl. Who would almost certainly be the pick. Not an enormous loss but that also means Read, Weise, AMac and Neuvirth have very little chance of being taken. Raffl is better than all of them and has more of a place on team going forward IMO.

Well I guess that's where I differ. I'm checked out on Raffl. I know he does things well, but the end game is to put the puck in the net and when you struggle, you can't have 5-6 guys all not be able too put the puck in the net. Gotta move on somewhere.

He's just 1 of them I'm ready to move on. Read/Weise/Raffl/Cousins/VDV/PEB If I had my wish, all would be gone.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Raffl is the 3rd best 5 on 5 goal scorer on the team this season.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...22&type=individual&sort=igoals60&sortdir=DESC

Yeah, protecting Raffl doesn't just mean keeping Raffl, it means forcing Vegas to take Read or Weise or Neuvirth unless they are going to use an RFA slot on Laughton or Cousins. I also think Bellemare would be a lot more appealing to them than MacDonald.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Raffl is the 3rd best 5 on 5 goal scorer on the team this season.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...22&type=individual&sort=igoals60&sortdir=DESC

Yeah, protecting Raffl doesn't just mean keeping Raffl, it means forcing Vegas to take Read or Weise or Neuvirth unless they are going to use an RFA slot on Laughton or Cousins. I also think Bellemare would be a lot more appealing to them than MacDonald.

Is being the 3rd best 5v5 scoring forward on a team that can't score 5v5 really a good thing? lol

If Raffl stays, ok, if he goes, ok.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Is putting the puck in the net on a regular basis a good thing? Yes.

He's got 11 pts this year man.

Dale Weise has more than him, granted in 7 more games.

I'll admit, this year was a **** poor year for him, along with many, and its definitely skewing my view of him. We had a lot of players that didn't score at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad