Expansion Draft Thread II

QuizGuy66

Sep 12, 2011
Fleury is gonna be like Chico was for the early Devils teams.
I bet he's there for most of the rest of his career.

bigduga

Oct 4, 2009
If this hockey thing doesn't work out, Nate Schmidt can moonlight as one of jeff dunham's puppets

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Wait so Vegas GAVE a pick to take Tuch and Haula? Ridiculous

Imagine if Garth Snow was GM of the Wild.

Minnesota trades:
Luke Kunin
Alex Tuch
1st 2018
2nd 2019

Vegas picks: Eric Staal

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
I still can't fathom why they'd do this. I'd rather Dumba.

It's been explained here many times. Dumba was never on the table. LV could not have picked him. Read some of the other threads if you don't understand why.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
It's been explained here many times. Dumba was never on the table. LV could not have picked him. Read some of the other threads if you don't understand why.

Regardless if he was on the table or not, he was exposed. It was either him or Brodin to be exposed. It's nobody's problem but Minnesota's to have traded a defenseman before the trade freeze if they were afraid one were to be exposed.

Vegas got fleeced, plain and simple. Minnesota GM, Fletcher, is a wizard, a genius, and hopefully the winner of the 2017-18 General Manager of the Year Award winner.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Regardless if he was on the table or not, he was exposed. It was either him or Brodin to be exposed. It's nobody's problem but Minnesota's to have traded a defenseman before the trade freeze if they were afraid one were to be exposed.

Vegas got fleeced, plain and simple. Minnesota GM, Fletcher, is a wizard, a genius, and hopefully the winner of the 2017-18 General Manager of the Year Award winner.

He was only exposed bc there was already a deal in place to pick someone else. Same with Brodin. Neither were ever on the table and anyone who knows how negotiations work understands why. It's been explained many times by many different ppl here.

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
Vegas golden knights have a really good squad they have a stacked roster and they took Marc-Andre Fleury

alsrevenge

Jun 25, 2016
He was only exposed bc there was already a deal in place to pick someone else. Same with Brodin. Neither were ever on the table and anyone who knows how negotiations work understands why. It's been explained many times by many different ppl here.

Ironic that your username is cryptic.

Vegas could have done better from Minnesota; the return was very underwhelming.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Ironic that your username is cryptic.

Vegas could have done better from Minnesota; the return was very underwhelming.

Maybe. A lot depends on what offers MN got for Brodin, Dumba, Scandella, and maybe Staal or others. That would have affected the bargaining power of both MN and LV a lot.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I would hope for the Knights sake they put together a very strong scouting staff. This draft is a big one in helping to define the future of their franchise.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016

And again, who's fault is it to have put a deal in place before the list was available? Vegas, baby. They knew Minnesota had a big problem going in to the ED. They ****ed up. Minnesota came out way on top & fleeced McErat.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Vegas golden knights have a really good squad they have a stacked roster and they took Marc-Andre Fleury

Erm, "stacked"? Really? They got some good players but it's clear they're gonna move some of the top ones on. I would hardly call their team stacked as it stands. And MAF is hardly gonna be their biggest problem :laugh:

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
And again, who's fault is it to have put a deal in place before the list was available? Vegas, baby. They knew Minnesota had a big problem going in to the ED. They ****ed up. Minnesota came out way on top & fleeced McErat.

This has been explained ad nauseum in other threads about MN, Anaheim, NYI, and esp LV. You still don't seem to understand the process at all.

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
That's a lot of picks and prospects but Vegas is going to have to pull a 5-year Oil Tank if they're going to climb out of this hole. Hope my team plays them 5 times next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad