GDT: Expansion Draft - Part III [Protected lists Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Has there been any rumours as to whether the Oilers have had to bribe Vegas to take him? Seems an odd pickup if not, although admittedly I don't remember the Oilers having a great selection on offer.

They had no valuable options.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
If the extra pick is a 5th - 7th rounder, I will be a little bummed out but still OK with it. Don't have the numbers in front of me but a very low percentage of those picks turn out to be NHLers.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Why are you are using a cumulative stat to make a point about a player who played significantly less games and minutes than the players he is being compared to? :huh: If anything, this graph shows how good Dano was to have nearly the same or better GAR as Armia and Copp who played 20-25 games more than him. Besides what does this have to do with the Jets giving up value in addition to the player at XD?

2016/17 GAR Rates

View attachment 95981

Last edited:

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
If the extra pick is a 5th - 7th rounder, I will a little bummed out but still OK with it. Don't have the numbers in front of me but a very low percentage of those picks turn out to be NHLers.

I'd be alright with it as well, anything lower and the 'Chevy pulls a dumb dumb' alarm starts to go off again.

Dropping 2 slots and a 6th or 7th round pick is much better than a a potential 2nd round pick.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
^ There will always been an excuse for Chevy with some. I'd hate to see what it will take for them to turn on him.

Um 2 draft spots?

Seriously, there will always be a portrayal of mass incompetence based off minimal incompetence by some with Chevy.

I would hate to see them assess an actual demonstration of it, something that actually reps mass incompetence, they might explode.

JJ McCubbin

Apr 15, 2014
We drop slots in the draft, give up a pick and lose Dano, it's the tripple whamy. The Jets could have just gone with 4-4-1 and only lost one asset instead of 3

It's tough to gauge anything until we know what Chevy gave up and also until we see the other trades tomorrow to get an idea of how things shook out. Losing Dano, a 2nd and dropping from 13 to 20ish is a massively different proposition to losing Dano, a 6th and dropping from 13 to 15. I can see a lot of teams giving up high picks to aovid losing a good player.

If the Jets had gone 4-4-1 and protected Lowry over MP (not my preference but I guess that's what they would have done) what would Chevy have had to pay to keep Vegas away from MP. I would rather lose the above than, for example, pay Vegas the 13 pick to take Chiarot.

I'm only basing this on faith at the moment, but I'm struggling to worry much about the deal until we have more info and an idea of league-wide context.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Who cares. He was a healthy scratch and showed up to camp out of shape. You can use all this useless crap you want but bottom line... A whole bunch of you over rate players without even knowing if they give a crap enough to get better. 3 teams have now moved on from Dano. That says way more than GAR or whatsver other useless stat says.

I don't care too much about losing Dano. But when you show graphs to support your opinion, at least interpret them correctly. That graph, if we were to take that "GAR" stat literally, shows that Dano is "literally" twice as good as Copp and Armia. If you want to say that Chevy made no mistake exposing Dano, fine, but don't use that graph as an argument, because it literally shows the opposite.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Chevy gave up Dano + 2 first round picks, moved down 164 spots and Traded Trouba to Vegas to save Enstrom?

Worst GM ever!

Wait.... we don't even know if VGK took Dano? No one has been right about this yet with regards to WPG. Yesterday the Jets were loosing Enstrom according to these same people.

Maybe we paid Vegas to take Chariot instead of Dano or Enstrom.

Give it some time.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
TSN with a big list -

F - Neal, Eakin, Huala, Leipsic, Lindberg, Nosek, Marchessault

D- Methot, Miller, Schlemko, Engelland, emelin, Reinhart, McNabb, Bellmare

G- Fleury, Berube

Where's Dano?

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I don't care too much about losing Dano. But when you show graphs to support your opinion, at least interpret them correctly. That graph, if we were to take that "GAR" stat literally, shows that Dano is "literally" twice as good as Copp and Armia. If you want to say that Chevy made no mistake exposing Dano, fine, but don't use that graph as an argument, because it literally shows the opposite.

Graphs really dont mean ****. The fact 3 teams have now moved on from him says more than a stupid graph tells you. Your graph is cute but ultimately it means sweet eff all.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Reinhart had a pretty good year in the AHL and was on the cusp of making the Oilers this year so it isn't that shocking. Who else should they have taken from the Oilers then?

People really latch on to a narrative and believe it dont they

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
And consider this, If this season doesn't go well, and we look to be lottery bound, good chance Toby would wave his NMC and possibly net us a future 1st at the trade deadline.

That to me is well worth 2 draft spots.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
TSN with a big list -

F - Neal, Eakin, Huala, Leipsic, Lindberg, Nosek, Marchessault

D- Methot, Miller, Schlemko, Engelland, emelin, Reinhart, McNabb, Bellmare

G- Fleury, Berube

Where's Dano?

Great question. With all the reports around draft picks this should have been the easiest to confirm.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
You don't think McPhee would have picked MP over Dano if available?

Under no circumstance did I ever think MP was going to be be made available.

I don't anyone did until "Frenchie Loose Lips" made his statement at the golf course last week.

Under a 4-4-1 I, like everyone else, assumed Lowry would be exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad