GDT: Expansion Draft - Part III [Protected lists Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Do the rankings you posted refute my point? They have most of the 2nd tier being taken ahead of #15, and all it takes is for guys like Rasmussen and Tippet to drop for us to miss out on all of the 2nd tier

The trade value of dropping from 13 to 15th is not the same as a 6th or a 7th. Indeed looking at historical trade ups, a team looking to jump from 15th to 13th is expected to give up value somewhere between a 60-70th overall pick https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2013/4/25/4262594/nhl-draft-pick-value-trading-up so an early 3rd.

At what point in time should the jets do what's best for the team next year rather than what might be marginally better for them 5 years from now.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
I feel like this is being worn out by the Jets hfboards community today.

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
^ There will always been an excuse for Chevy with some. I'd hate to see what it will take for them to turn on him.

For others, Chevy trades a 2nd for mcdavid and win 5 cups in a row and they will say a competent GM would've done it sooner.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Why are you are using a cumulative stat to make a point about a player who played significantly less games and minutes than the players he is being compared to? :huh: If anything, this graph shows how good Dano was to have nearly the same or better GAR as Armia and Copp who played 20-25 games more than him.

Quoted for truth. He played half of the minutes Armia and Copp played, yet accumulated the same "GAR".

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
At what point in time should the jets do what's best for the team next year rather than what might be marginally better for them 5 years from now.

No kidding. Chevy can do nothing right for some on here. By the sounds of it he's coming out of the expansion draft pretty darn unscathed. If all it took was to move down 2 picks then I'll take it. He will still have the full collection of his picks available to I don't know trade for a goalie or something. We have a team ready to start contending so I'm glad he maintained all of our key players.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Rheinhart? But he was a pilon that would never be selected...

That said i've been wrong about mostly everything else.

Good call on Reinhart. I guess GMGM is dazzled by his draft pedigree and "potential", though as with all the picks, it'll be interesting to know what side deals were involved.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
How is that worse than morrissey chiarot and stuart on the left side?

Oh no. We drop a couple spots. Big deal really.

We drop slots in the draft, give up a pick and lose Dano, it's the tripple whamy. The Jets could have just gone with 4-4-1 and only lost one asset instead of 3

JJ McCubbin

Apr 15, 2014
Has there been any rumours as to whether the Oilers have had to bribe Vegas to take him? Seems an odd pickup if not, although admittedly I don't remember the Oilers having a great selection on offer.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Quoted for truth. He played half of the minutes Armia and Copp played, yet accumulated the same "GAR".

Who cares. He was a healthy scratch and showed up to camp out of shape. You can use all this useless crap you want but bottom line... A whole bunch of you over rate players without even knowing if they give a crap enough to get better. 3 teams have now moved on from Dano. That says way more than GAR or whatsver other useless stat says.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
We drop slots in the draft, give up a pick and lose Dano, it's the tripple whamy. The Jets could have just gone with 4-4-1 and only lost one asset instead of 3

if only chevy would have thought of that.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
How is that worse than morrissey chiarot and stuart on the left side?

Oh no. We drop a couple spots. Big deal really.

I think it could end up like that in few years.

I've been thinking Valimaki as a great Enstrom replacer in time, and Jets to build the D-group around Trouba/Morrissey/Valimaki.

So Grubauer wasn't taken either.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Okay, moving down 13-15 I am alright with, but not if it means giving an additional draft pick on top of it.

Tonight is going to be interesting and potentially amusing for good and bad reasons.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Has there been any rumours as to whether the Oilers have had to bribe Vegas to take him? Seems an odd pickup if not, although admittedly I don't remember the Oilers having a great selection on offer.

If you look at what the Oilers have exposed there is pretty much nothing there. I drafted Reinhart in the mock I did as well, atleast there's a good chance that he can make it through the waivers and contribute on the AHL team

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Okay, moving down 13-15 I am alright with, but not if it means giving an additional draft pick on top of it.

Tonight is going to be interesting and potentially amusing for good/bad reasons.

What if its one of our 6 round picks ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad