Speculation: Expansion Draft - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I wonder if we'll start to see some RFA deals around the league announced soon so teams can meet their exposed player requirement. The Jets would need to add a contract if they want to protect 7F (Dano or Copp)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I wonder if we'll start to see some RFA deals around the league announced soon so teams can meet their exposed player requirement. The Jets would need to add a contract if they want to protect 7F (Dano or Copp)

If the Jets protect 7...

Scheifele
Wheeler
Little
Perreault
Lowry
and two of...
Armia
Dano
Copp

Exposed forwards: Matthias and one of Armia, Dano, Copp

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I actually thought of Postma and the XD today. Maybe Vegas will target Postma. RHD's are at a premium in this league. It's probably unlikely, but who knows.

Postma is a UFA on July 1. No point in selecting him in the XD.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
If the Jets protect 7...

Scheifele
Wheeler
Little
Perreault
Lowry
and two of...
Armia
Dano
Copp

Exposed forwards: Matthias and one of Armia, Dano, Copp

Dano and Copp are not currently under contract

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Postma is a UFA on July 1. No point in selecting him in the XD.

They don't have to select him. They can just sign him before the draft. Vegas will have an exclusive window to sign FA's

This window is before the FA courting period opens up. Vegas might not want any competition. They have said they expect to sign a few FA players this way

If they don 't sign him they won't select him

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
They don't have to select him. They can just sign him before the draft. Vegas will have an exclusive window to sign FA's

This window is before the FA courting period opens up. Vegas might not want any competition. They have said they expect to sign a few FA players this way

If they don 't sign him they won't select him

If they sign him, that counts as their XD selection from the Jets though, doesn't it? There's not going to be a huge bidding war for Postma - so why not wait and take another player off the Jets' exposed list and then just sign Postma on July 1?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
RD is the hardest position to fill league wide. If I was McPhee I'd gobble up all the RD and then trade the extras at a premium.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
If they sign him, that counts as their XD selection from the Jets though, doesn't it? There's not going to be a huge bidding war for Postma - so why not wait and take another player off the Jets' exposed list and then just sign Postma on July 1?

Sure that's probably what will happen. Just pointing out a possible reason why they might do it.

You could argue they shouldn't sign any UFA's in that period but they have indicated they intend to try

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

For all we know Postma is well thought of in the league. Not saying it's likely but if Vegas really likes him then it's easier to acquire the player if your the only bidder.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
if they are forced to buy out toby.
lose 1 of lowry or perreault for many years or

lose toby for 1 year, dano and 3 million or
lose 1 year of toby 1 year of mathias and 1.75 million.

pretty easy choice to make if you are chevy and chipman. keep lowry and perreault.
if he waives. he stays and plays here, and only dano or mathias would go to vegas. vegas wouldn't take toby.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I don't think the Jets are gonna pay Enstrom $4.2M to play for another team next season.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I don't think the Jets are gonna pay Enstrom $4.2M to play for another team next season.

if they buy him out and vegas takes mathias. that's 2.25 million we don't have to pay mathias. losing enstrom and mathias for 1 year since neither is under contract for the following year and 2 million dollars is a small price to pay to keep lowry or perreault for at least 4 years.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
if they buy him out and vegas takes mathias. that's 2.25 million we don't have to pay mathias. losing enstrom and mathias for 1 year since neither is under contract for the following year and 2 million dollars is a small price to pay to keep lowry or perreault for at least 4 years.

It's not in the character of this organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad