Expansion Draft II

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Vegas can't get carried away taking goalies with the end goal of flipping them. Not many teams need a goalie and if they take more than 2 who are not waiver exempt, they lose some leverage. They could carry 3 goalies on the active roster but I can't imagine that 3rd goalie is going to be too pleased.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009

McPhee added that he was pleasantly surprised by the lack of moves made by other teams in recent days, which has positioned his staff to acquire the players they covet even better than expected.

"That was the bigger surprise yesterday, because we were expecting this mass redistribution of players that really didn't happen, which we were really happy about," McPhee said.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Vegas can't get carried away taking goalies with the end goal of flipping them. Not many teams need a goalie and if they take more than 2 who are not waiver exempt, they lose some leverage. They could carry 3 goalies on the active roster but I can't imagine that 3rd goalie is going to be too pleased.

True, but it could be a situation where Hextall tells GMGM that he would give up X amount for someone like Mrazek if they take him and the two sides prearrange a deal.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
[Tweet]876546670028177408[/MEDIA]

The Isles giving up the 15th pick just so one of Bailey or Cizikas doesn't get poached is just mind blowing. How is this even slightly defensible?

Thank goodness for Hextall.

Is it definitely their 1st? Horrific if so lol

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
For Vegas to not take Manson or Vaatanen, Theodore plus '18 1st, plus more ?

I cant wrap my head around how dumb Anaheim is.

Buy-out Bieksa if he wouldnt waive his NMC.

Protect Manson.

Then either let Vegas take the injured Vatanen or work out a side deal involving just him. Manson being in the mix means Anaheim has to pay even MORE in a side deal.

Hilarious.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I think our main competition to trade for a goalie from Vegas is probably Winnipeg (ARI probably goes UFA route for the time being). Even then, Jets have Hellebyuck so I don't know if they would pay a 2nd round price for a goalie.

I'm more than comfortable trading #44 + for a goalie like Mrazek (or if Hextall likes Grubauer or one of the others, then I support him going for it)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Snow's an idiot but I can't see De Haan not being included in that list of players not to take if their ponying up the 15th overall pick.

Ultimately this is what happens when you have a moron GM in charge who's desperate to win in the short term. He didn't make a move prior to today & now he's the one paying the price instead.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Tim Panaccio‏Verified account @tpanotchCSN
The more I think about it maybe protecting Stolarz is so the Flyers can use him in a trade to get a veteran GT, perhaps at the draft

:laugh:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
True, but it could be a situation where Hextall tells GMGM that he would give up X amount for someone like Mrazek if they take him and the two sides prearrange a deal.

Hextall could have dealt directly with Holland before the expansion deadline if he was that desperate for him.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
I will be extremely disappointed if Hextall doesn't get one of Grubauer, Mrazek, or Raanta.

I can't imagine it would cost more than a 2nd and maybe a mid level prospect. It's also not like any of those 3 teams have any great players to take besides those goalies anyways.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Hextall could have dealt directly with Holland before the expansion deadline if he was that desperate for him.
Holland may not have wanted to deal Mrazek within the conference tbf.

There is always that risk with a goalie like when San Jose traded Kiprusoff to Calgary.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Here's my first crack at a Vegas team with the real protection lists. I have Anaheim taking Kerdiles due to their deal. Vancouver and Edmonton have straight garbage to pick from.

15 forwards + Shipachyov, 10 dmen and 5 goalies, but Ullmark is waiver exempt so he can go to the AHL. Cap hit is $61.5M.

Wilson-Shipachyov-Smith
Perron-Karlsson-Stempniak
Lewis-Eakin-Brouwer
Raffl-Kruger-Dano
(Burmistrov(RFA), Chaput (RFA), Kerdiles, Khaira)

Methot-Martin
De Haan-Dumba
Davidson-McQuaid
Ouelett-Dotchin
Marincin-Merrill

MAF
Raanta
Grubauer
Pickard
Ullmark

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

There is always that risk with a goalie like when San Jose traded Kiprusoff to Calgary.

If he was willing to expose him and lose him for nothing, he's already taking that risk. He knows that teams like us are looking for someone.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
If he was willing to expose him and lose him for nothing, he's already taking that risk. He knows that teams like us are looking for someone.

I know I'm grasping lel, I just really want us to be aggressive and get a goalie from Vegas.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

They would be dumb not to take him. Detroit has such a load of crap exposed otherwise and even the players they protected like Abdelkader, Zetterberg, Dekeyser, Nielsen and Howard are signed to awful contracts that no one in their right mind would be interested in them anyway.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I think our main competition to trade for a goalie from Vegas is probably Winnipeg (ARI probably goes UFA route for the time being). Even then, Jets have Hellebyuck so I don't know if they would pay a 2nd round price for a goalie.

I'm more than comfortable trading #44 + for a goalie like Mrazek (or if Hextall likes Grubauer or one of the others, then I support him going for it)

Is Arizona really interested in improving or are they still gonna tank?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I did a mock on CapFriendly and came up with this team. No trades involved. Probably unlikely that they take too many bad contracts but I could see them grabbing a guy like Ryan. They'll need to put butts in the seats and have some name recognition, as well as meet the salary cap floor. This team has a ggod mix of youth and vets and will have some chips to trade too in the goalie area, though it sounds like deals are already in works to prevent them from taking a lot of these players.

Forwards: Ryan, Plekanec, Neal, Gaborik, Pouliot, Hagelin, Eakin, Dorsett, Strome, Nordstrom, Shinkaruk, Rychel, Dano, Marchessault, Carrier, Grigorenko

Defensemen: Vatanen, Klein, Dumba, Schlemko, Bortuzzo, Merrill, MDZ, Pokka, Koekkoek

Goalies: Mrazek, Grubbauer, Subban, Korpisalo, Domingue

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

Also, trading with Detroit ahead of the ED means that the Flyers risk losing Stolarz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad