Expansion Draft II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Okay... lets mull this one... Does LV take Jagr?

... Doan?

... Iginla?

There could be some interesting selections if the Knights so chose.

Florida has enough good players exposed that VGK should wait until July 1 to sign Jagr

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If Vegas takes Neuvirth or Bellemare the Flyers could end up with a fourth line of Raffl, Laughton, and Weise which probably be one of the best fourth lines they have ever had.

Or if we add Weal too:

Lindblom Giroux Voracek
TK Nico/Nolan Simmonds
Weise Couts Schenn
Weal Flip Raffl

Now that is 4 lines that you could role for 2 periods then shorten up later in the game based on who is playing the best.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Florida has enough good players exposed that VGK should wait until July 1 to sign Jagr

I forgot that Jagr is not under Contract next Season.

He still calls all the shots... as would the others. And I suppose having a jump on them means little to nothing.

Just trying to make it interesting on here. :popcorn:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Probably but they'd be dumb not to hear LV out these next few days when Weal's not allowed to sign with the Flyers anyway.

As long as a handshake agreement was not made and he's merely not letting on to the fact.

I agree with you in theory... I just think it is cut and dried.

Now, I guess it is possible that the length was agreed upon as reported, but the amount is REALLY not... and any LV Offer could weigh into the matter.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Biggest shock to me in all these lists is Coburn being protected I think. The Minnesota situation and other teams with good players exposed I think will be worked out with draft picks being sent out to not take a guy.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Biggest shock to me in all these lists is Coburn being protected I think. The Minnesota situation and other teams with good players exposed I think will be worked out with draft picks being sent out to not take a guy.

Neal being left unprotected came as a pretty big shock to Predators fans.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I could see Tampa maybe offering up a pick for LV to avoid Jake Dotchin but other than that they're not really leaving a whole lot there to lose any sleep over.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Neal being left unprotected came as a pretty big shock to Predators fans.

It was a bit surprising, but it's smart management to protect the younger, cost controlled guy, even if he's not as good.

A year from now Neal will be a 30 year old UFA. And he's a long way removed from his 80-point heyday.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
[Tweet]876546670028177408[/MEDIA]

The Isles giving up the 15th pick just so one of Bailey or Cizikas doesn't get poached is just mind blowing. How is this even slightly defensible?

Thank goodness for Hextall.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

The Isles giving up the 15th pick just so one of Bailey or Cizikas doesn't get poached is just mind blowing. How is this even slightly defensible?

I thought it was to stay away from other forwards like Strome, etc...??

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

Is this true or just rumor?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

I refuse to believe that's right. Even for Snow :laugh:

I like how other teams are giving up low 1sts and the Isles are giving up the 15th. They're just such a good organization to make a trade with. They could have protected Tavares, Lee, Nelson, Ladd (nice signing again).....deHaan, Hamonic, Leddy, Boychuk. So they lose Pulock or Strome, that's manageable. Could've traded someone to free up room too. They really didn't even have to do this deal with smarts and or planning.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Meanwhile Hextall gets assets back for a 4th liner he wasn't going to protect and a goalie prospect who wasn't going to sign here, and he protects young assets with upside like Stolarz and Laughton over older journeyman players like Neuvirth and Bellemare, and you still have people calling him a buffoon. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad