Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Wow!!!!!! Amazing!!!

....The Jackets have some hard decisions......

....Playoff Bob was not himself......

....Torts will be going into the last year of his contract.....

Where do I send my check to subscribe for more insightful quotes?????

Color me underwhelmed.
Well, for a national audience that pays virtually no attention to the Jackets whatsoever, a lot of that might well actually be news. :dunno:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Lose Vezina goalie for nothing AND be stuck with Korpisalo as your starter? :help:

It's ok I'm used to people thinking they see the end state when they have no idea what i would have in mind of future deals.

As far as Bob goes, people are just going to beat that partial season Vezina over peoples heads aren't they? Yep, he had a great regular season. There are question marks around Bob and if I were the front office I would be kind of tired paying 7 million a year for them.

I'd love to strip about 21 million off this teams payroll so that we can sign our guys and address a couple of other issues.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I don't think many people understand without Bob there is no streak and possibly no playoffs.

One has to wonder how delusional one would need to be to believe what you just typed. Or course people like me understand what he did.

I've also had discussions in which I think Bob is inconsistent and he hides a lot of problems with the roster. I've also said I have no interest in giving him his next deal.

In the context of things what did the streak and the quick playoff loss mean to the franchise? The reality is that we're going to be less likely to make needed changes. It may actually end up hurting the franchise instead of helping it. During our playoff series our veterans were horrible. Our best players were a rookie D man and at forward a bunch of role players and Jenner. We were probably the worst team in the playoffs this season. That is probably closer to reality than the 3rd best team in the East.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
For the record, that captain of ours that folks are considering exposing is one of the finalists for the Messier Leadership Award.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...ano-named-finalists-messier-leadership-award/

Yep, Foligno is good guy. We pretty much figured that one out. I have no idea what that has to do with another 22.5 million in salary over the next 4 years and his complete disappearance after the All-star break, but I'm happy for him. If you think that his performance isn't going to regress from ages 30-34 I suppose his contract might be tolerable. I'm not betting on that result.

Last edited:

vertigo1061

Jan 10, 2016
Anybody who wants to not protect Foligs is just being stupid tbh. Same people who wanted to trade Murray and Jenner earlier this year. Never underestimate stupidity.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I tend to agree with blah...Bob is an inconsistent expensive goalie except in playoffs where he consistently sucks. Foligno & Dubi are going to become the next Umbergers around here over the next few years. Expensive, declining guys whose rep far outweighs their on ice performance and end results in my opinion. The fanboys (and girls) will support them until the end. If major returns he will quote arcane stats to prove I'm crazy (or stupid?). :popcorn:

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
It also wouldn't surprise me if they'd want Clarkson's insured contract as they build for a couple years to help reach the floor. But again, that doesn't address much.

Maybe they draft Clarkson and get one of our prospects to keep our roster intact.

But again this hardly is "big".

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
And so if Bob puts up another vezina worth season is he still overpaid and useless?

Either way, no matter what anyone thinks, he's getting another season in Columbus. Bobrovsky is the team in the regular season. We just need to mentally prepare him for March/April+

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
And so if Bob puts up another vezina worth season is he still overpaid and useless?

Either way, no matter what anyone thinks, he's getting another season in Columbus. Bobrovsky is the team in the regular season. We just need to mentally prepare him for March/April+

I think as we start to transition from the primary goal being "make the playoffs" to "do damage in the playoffs" it'll get tougher and tougher to pay Bob for just the regular season - assuming his PO performance doesn't immensely improve.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think as we start to transition from the primary goal being "make the playoffs" to "do damage in the playoffs" it'll get tougher and tougher to pay Bob for just the regular season - assuming his PO performance doesn't immensely improve.

So you get rid of him after being a vezina finalist?

If we have a repeat performance of this year, I'll understand. But his performance in the regular season guarantees him at least another try.

Any sign of extended struggles, injuries or playoff woes then you look into shipping him off or slashing your offer to resign him significantly.

But you don't get rid of him without a ready replacement. Korpisalo and Forsberg are not ready for that or even close.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
It's ok I'm used to people thinking they see the end state when they have no idea what i would have in mind of future deals.

As far as Bob goes, people are just going to beat that partial season Vezina over peoples heads aren't they? Yep, he had a great regular season. There are question marks around Bob and if I were the front office I would be kind of tired paying 7 million a year for them.

I'd love to strip about 21 million off this teams payroll so that we can sign our guys and address a couple of other issues.

Doesn't matter, giving up a Top 3 goalie in the league for nothing is an idiotic move.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...62017&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,50&sort=savePctg

Since we acquired Bob, only Carey Price and Matt Murray have a better sv % in the regular season (barely). You want Vegas to take him off our hands while we get nothing in return? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

He's going to get one more shot (at least) to prove he isn't a head case in the playoffs. He's good in the regular season, which you need to even make the playoffs. There's really no one ready to take his place (Korpisalo? Lord no). That's just the way it is. No one in their right mind would ship him off to Vegas.

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
Nobody was more disappointed in Bob's postseason than myself, but there's no way the Blue Jackets should consider getting rid of him.

Who is the replacement? Korpisalo? No. Bob is the best player on the team.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
So you get rid of him after being a vezina finalist?

If we have a repeat performance of this year, I'll understand. But his performance in the regular season guarantees him at least another try.

Any sign of extended struggles, injuries or playoff woes then you look into shipping him off or slashing your offer to resign him significantly.

But you don't get rid of him without a ready replacement. Korpisalo and Forsberg are not ready for that or even close.

Oh no I'm not advocating getting rid of him. Just saying PO performance is about to be more important than regular season performance. We're still working on getting there though, and he can help us do that - and in doing so he'll have the opportunity to shape up. In other words, I don't see him being our goalie for the next 10 years unless he steps up his PO performance.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
And yet that wasn't remotely the point of my asking (if I were the GM) Foligno to waive his NMC.

Yeah, I get it... He's a good guy. For some reason you would be afraid to lose him and, yet, I'm not. Nothing like your captain and third most expensive player play at a 30 point pace post all star game. When the PP cooled down he disappeared. Not even sure I want to see another 4 years of our good guy. If Foligno scores around a 10% percentage he's back down to 18 goals.

I don't see a replacement on the horizon, that's the problem. I also find it odd that for years you hammered the previous GM for (allegedly) failing to recognize the importance of things like locker room chemistry and leadership, but now the idea of losing someone who means a lot to the team in all aspects (hardly limited to his on-ice production) in order to help save on the bottom line is totally fine and probably a good idea.

Sure, nothing like creating issues that will then need to be fixed in free agency or by trade.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Bobrovsky is the team in the regular season. We just need to mentally prepare him for March/April+

What's the definition of insanity? :)

Listen the team needs to get better. If trading Bob somehow makes us better then I'm all for it. But without a top line C (or two) and missing a scoring winger our best chance to win is likely to hope Bob is playing well.
Now if you can flip Bob for a top line C then maybe.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
What is the order for selection? Does Vegas just start announcing their picks, or do they proceed through a list of the teams in some sort of order?

I don't think there's even an order. Each team is going to lose one player, so ostensibly Vegas will spend like three days with the full list and compile their preferred roster using one player from each team's list (keeping in mind any agreements/trades it has made with other teams for extra protecteds, etc).

Since there is only one team, there's no need to "draft" in the traditional sense. And since each team can only lose one player, there's no need to pull anyone back after your player is picked.

So I figure they'll just emerge from a room and send their list to the league and say here's our team.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Clarkson doesn't have to be protected , so if we get hartnell to waive , we should be able to keep Calvert, Anderson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad