Is it the last time we see Carey Price with the Habs

• Yes

Votes: 86 51.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 48.5%

• Total voters

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
The only UFA I see them signing is a short term replacement at defence if Petry is traded, a third veteran to pair with a rookie. Doesn't make sense to me, even if they were able to, to sign a high price player like Letang for example. New contract for Romanov and next year Caufield. Not to mention the supporting cast like Pitlick, Montembeault and whoever else.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I heard a passing criticism on 690 about how Marty dropped the ball with his comments endorsing all of his inherited assistant coaches.

They weren’t good enough to help Ducharme get out of a hole and Burrows had no business getting an NHL PP coaching job with such limited experience. What exactly did he prove with Marty?

I believe Farber suggested that HuGo should intervene and name new assistants themselves since Marty doesn’t seem to know how to assess them.

Marty’s comments about his assistants sounded awkward and improvised. If anything, he needs better people — not people he just happened to become friendly with.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Byron, Drouin and Allen are all going into the final years of their contracts. Might be teams interested in them for one season, and if not, probably all but Drouin come trade deadline.
Allen we can't we really trade before the trade deadline because of the Price storyline.
Drouin doesn't have much value given all the injuries, hopefully he can have an ok season so that he'll have some value at the deadline.
Byron could be traded early, but it's the exact kind of older guy you keep around for the room.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I heard a passing criticism on 690 about how Marty dropped the ball with his comments endorsing all of his inherited assistant coaches.

They weren’t good enough to help Ducharme get out of a hole and Burrows had no business getting an NHL PP coaching job with such limited experience. What exactly did he prove with Marty?

I believe Farber suggested that HuGo should intervene and name new assistants themselves since Marty doesn’t seem to know how to assess them.

Marty’s comments about his assistants sounded awkward and improvised. If anything, he needs better people — not people he just happened to become friendly with.

Maybe since they hadn't sat down (hugo-msl) and decisions weren't made yet, MSL was only being polite.

Reactions: Runner77

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Indeed , id rather take the yuck pill for 2-3years then shine for 7-9 than patch. Do people did not learn with Bergevin? Im so tired of the 35 year olds quebecois wanting to play for habs just to collect that fat paycheck and be close to home. We aint ''Les residence Soleil''
We are trying to build a team for the upcoming years. We already have Edmundon and Savard at the mid term. Just find some vet with a year left somewhere and play him with Romanov.

Well Romanov sure didnt learn from Petry this season , this I can tell you.
HuGo approves this message.
Hughes kept talking about sustainable built....a team that will be built to play well for years.
Young, and fast is what they want......forwards and Dmen who can skate...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Thanks to Price's knee, I really doubt Allen is getting traded next season. I actually expect him to get a new contract with the Habs.

With the news on Price, yeah, Allen can't be traded. And yeah, I think he likes it in Montreal and maybe we can come to an agreement on a little extension. Age 32 in Aug so maybe we sign him from age 33-35 around $3M ish?

Reactions: morhilane

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Allen we can't we really trade before the trade deadline because of the Price storyline.
Drouin doesn't have much value given all the injuries, hopefully he can have an ok season so that he'll have some value at the deadline.
Byron could be traded early, but it's the exact kind of older guy you keep around for the room.

I agree - was more to show that there are more moves that could be made, not that they will or should. Meaning that everything is still a mystery. I personally hope we go with a very young team and see where we fall - if it's last again, so be it. Such a deep draft in 2023 anyway.

Reactions: BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad