Is it the last time we see Carey Price with the Habs

• Yes

Votes: 86 51.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 48.5%

• Total voters

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I hope the media don't bother him too much about it. If he wants to talk about it now, he will.

The medias will press for sure but if it's the case, but not sure he could talk about it if he wants a year on LTIR

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Top brass will also conduct end of season presser at 10am:

worst-team-ever.jpg

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I would be very, very surprised to see him announce anything. First, he's got several months to continue training, strenghtening the knee, giving it some rest, etc. What's the rush?

Second, he looked much better yesterday. Maybe he just can't handle too many games in a row anymore. Even if he plays like what 35 games next year, who cares? We've got Allen and Montembeault. Plus we probably won't compete for a playoff spot.

Third, Carey's not a quitter. There's a fair chance he would try to play through the pain, if it's tolerable. It depends on the level of pain he would have to endure.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I would be very, very surprised to see him announce anything. First, he's got several months to continue training, strenghtening the knee, giving it some rest, etc. What's the rush?

Second, he looked much better yesterday. Maybe he just can't handle too many games in a row anymore. Even if he plays like what 35 games next year, who cares? We've got Allen and Montembeault. Plus we probably won't compete for a playoff spot.

Third, Carey's not a quitter. There's a fair chance he would try to play through the pain, if it's tolerable. It depends on the level of pain he would have to endure.
I doubt he announces anything also. Hopefully his legs get better because after watching him his whole career move like lightning from on his knees and stretch out to rob goals on the far post, he’s nothing like that anymore. He has been a “full” to “half a pad’ short on most every play that moved far side, I’ve never seen him get “stranded” like that.

Bigger than life this guy. I wish him only the best either way.

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
8 months of recovery = partial mobility

This is the end of Price as we knew him.

He may retire
He may go LTIR
He may start 20 games

But he will never lead us to the playoffs again

He's had a good run, he’s filthy rich, he’s recovered mentally….maybe he's just in a good place and is ready to walk away, call it a day so to speak

Tough call

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

He may retire
He may go LTIR
He may start 20 games

He's had a good run, he’s filthy rich, he’s recovered mentally….maybe he's just in a good place and is ready to walk away, call it a day so to speak

Tough call
I think that’s the case as well. His comments about wanting to play at his expected level are what did it for me. If he can’t get back there, he’ll likely retire for medical reasons so he can collect the insurance and Habs will have the cap relief they want. Not even sure he’ll have another go at it next season at this point.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

He may retire
He may go LTIR
He may start 20 games

Tough call
Summer of speculation........................although Price could end the speculation at any time, who knows.
The guy has had a great career. There have been a ton of great players who did not get a Cup....feel bad for him if he does call it a day, but he seems to be a guy who has his priorities all in the right direction now....

Reactions: jaffy27

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Don't really care but not impressed with Weber absence explanation, "insurance...yada yada cant go into details" followup question should be wy he could go to Rinne's retirement ceremony in that case.

Hughes thinks Weber is not comfortable talking to media now because there is stuff he cant say.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
That's if he stays on LTIR. If he truly retires, I'm pretty sure he gets nothing.
Yup, needs to go on LTIR.

He has a signing bonus this year after that he's owed around 22 mill, but over those 4 years would account for 40+ mill.

Teams that need to reach the cap floor might trade for him this off season, after the SB is paid, or possibly next year, after the SB is paid.

Arizona, could add 18 mill in cap hit if they wanted to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad