Pre-Game Talk: Exhibition: Canucks vs Jets - July 29th - 7:30 PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
We're most likely going to see our game 1 roster out there -- there's minimal time for real game warm ups and you can't be not ready.
We'll probably see:

Miller Pettersson Toffoli
Pearson Horvat Boeser
Roussel Gaudette Ferland
Motte Beagle Sutter

Hughes Tanev
Edler Myers
Fantenberg Stecher

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i would rest guys like edler and sutter who know the score.

and dress guys you need to evaluate now in case they have to play: graovac , mcewen, juolevi, and chatfield,

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
On one hand I get guys wanting to get into playoff mode, up the their intensity etc but I wouldn't mind if they played like an all star game and, everyone came out healthy.

Reactions: David71

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
After watching the PHI/PIT game, I don't think we should sit anyone we're going to be playing. Incredibly rusty play even from all star players playing with their regular linemates.

let the guys shake off the rust. practice is so different from in game situations. some guys might be better equipped in gamelike situations than others. lets see how it all plays out before vrsing the wild on sunday.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
So we can carry an extra forward and D for this game? MacEwen at forward probably. Extra D is Chatfield, Rafferty or Juolevi with Benn still absent?

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
So we can carry an extra forward and D for this game? MacEwen at forward probably. Extra D is Chatfield, Rafferty or Juolevi with Benn still absent?

Truth is for me, I hope they play Juolevi in that extra D spot.

Also have to wonder if Green gives Virtanen one more chance ahead of McEwan.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
After watching the PHI/PIT game, I don't think we should sit anyone we're going to be playing. Incredibly rusty play even from all star players playing with their regular linemates.

Yup. So much rust and sloppy play. Teams that are more in sync and less rusty are going to win the qualifiers. It’s pre season level of play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad