Pre-Game Talk: Exhibition: Canucks vs Jets - July 29th - 7:30 PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Completely understood. However there will be a few players who will he’s looking to make the team. They might take it a little more seriously.

I’d definitely limit their minutes, that’s for sure, especially if pace picks up. I agree that we need to find that fine line between practice and not taking on too much risk.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
The most important preseason game ever

If the Canucks get stomped do they come at Minnesota even harder, is their confidence shaken, do we spank Winnipeg do we have a false sense of security, are we gonna lose somebody due to injury, does Markstrom get lit up or what OR WHAT

I am so excited my body is ready

Saturday, Sunday, Monday, tuesday, HOCKEY Thursday Friday Saturday HOCKEY

Reactions: Chaflie

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

If the Canucks get stomped do they come at Minnesota even harder, is their confidence shaken, do we spank Winnipeg do we have a false sense of security, are we gonna lose somebody due to injury, does Markstrom get lit up or what OR WHAT

Saturday, Sunday, Monday, tuesday, HOCKEY Thursday Friday Saturday HOCKEY
Way too much information..lol

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011

Saturday, Sunday, Monday, tuesday, HOCKEY Thursday

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011

Saturday, Sunday, Monday, tuesday, HOCKEY Thursday

oops a post so nice I had to do it twice ???

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
If I’m not mistaken, each team gets to dress an extra forward and an extra D in this game?

One last audition for the Black Aces.
Could be one last shot for Virtanen or MacEwen to reclaim his spot. I don't think Bailey or TG see any time this game with 3 NHL regulars ahead of them.

Maybe we see 1 of the Black Ace defencemen? Would be interesting to see if Juolevi can handle a real NHL game.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I really want Mac to claim a full time roster slot as soon as possible. Better than everyone on the fourth line

Reactions: vanuck

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
For me the timing is perfect. I have just slipped a disc last week, they may have up to six weeks stuck inside. I think I will be spending between 15 and 20 hours a day in front of the TV. Oh joy. The only problem is I can’t yet make it down to the TV.

Damn I hope these guys take Minnesota three. Damn I hope these guys take Minnesota in three.

Bob Long

May 31, 2018
Climax, SK
We've always horribly matched up against the Jets in the last few years (although I think that we're starting to close the gap)..

Looking forward to it.

Winnipeg is this groups Chicago. If the Canucks end up meeting Winnipeg in the playoffs and can beat them, then things get very very interesting.

I do think someone's getting hurt in this one, it will be intense.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
For me the timing is perfect. I have just slipped a disc last week, they may have up to six weeks stuck inside. I think I will be spending between 15 and 20 hours a day in front of the TV. Oh joy. The only problem is I can’t yet make it down to the TV.

Damn I hope these guys take Minnesota three. Damn I hope these guys take Minnesota in three.

Well, that is a serious drag. Get well soon. I hope you have a full recovery (but you're unlikely to be able to play with the same recklessness as before).

Reactions: Seattle Totems

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Hopefully you’re all healed up by late September, so when Bo hoists the Cup you don’t hurt yourself in celebration. :thumbu:

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Would be perfectly happy if they sat Hughes and Patterson. These are the guys I don’t want you getting banged up. Does anyone know if they’ve determined whether these are gonna be broadcast yet.

Only 1 game to get ready for the Minnesota series, everyone should be playing after the long layoff to shake of the rust and get in Sync for Game 1. Let’s Go!!

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Would be perfectly happy if they sat Hughes and Patterson. These are the guys I don’t want you getting banged up. ....

My opinion is similar to this. It is a mostly meaningless warmup. Imo the team should use players:

-whose timing seems not to be regained yet so they're a little off
-who the coach wants to see something particular about
-who need to work on something in particular

I'd definitely sit Hughes, based on reports that indicated he's been the most ready-looking of the Canucks. The only thing that might cause me to play him is if they're making changes in a power play unit or don't feel it is ready and want it to get some game time together.

I'd be most interested in seeing how Ferland handles the pace of a game after his fine showing in the mini-camp. Imo Jake should definitely sit to emphasize that his shenanigans in the time off and poor performance in training camp have been noticed and that he needs to put forth a professional effort.

There's no reason for toi for individual players to have any relation to what it will be when the games are important.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'm eagerly anticipating Edler and Tanev getting injured in this game
Lol!....yep, it's almost a guarantee that one or both of the Canucks over-30 d-men will go down before this series runs its course, particularly since the Wild are a tough, physical team.

So we could see Juolevi or Rafferty sooner, rather than later. And although Benn and Fantenberg are the veterans, and would probably have first crack at more ice time, I'd actually like to see Green roll the dice with at least one of his young d-men.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
So, is this game going to see our 'Game 1 vs the Wild' roster? Are they going to give more ice time to guys like Rafferty and Juolevi for the exhibition game, or is this a tune-up and our Game 1 roster is set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad