Exhibition: Aug 28 GDT - Slovakia vs. Canada (2-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muddy Wilbury

Flyers Fan in Ottawa
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, ON.
Drake1588 said:
Charpentier never really was in long-term plans. After Caps backup Craig Billington retired, Charpentier came in for a brief spell, but he's battled chronic arthritis, and I'm not sure he's going to play any longer. The Capitals have given him his release, and had Matthew Yeats play out the string late in the season as Kolzig's backup.

For next year, it's thought to be Ouellet and Daigneault platooning in Portland for the duration of the lockout, then Ouellet in the NHL as the backup and Daigneault as the Pirates' starter once NHL play resumes. Stana is locked into a season-long SEL contract for Södertälje, regardless of lockout. Should be a good experience for him.

cool....thanks for the info Drake :)

Vic Rattlehead*

What a pass from Thornton to Iginla. Iginla should have scored that goal.

Vic Rattlehead*

Nyclaus said:
I see your true colors!!! :lol:
Sorry, but even my habs fan brother said Iginla score that goal. Also, I am happy Joe is playing well because he had been a stinker before this game.

GAME OVER: 2-2 tie.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
CNote said:
cool....thanks for the info Drake :)
No worries. I wish I could see this. Sounds like he's the game's first star.

It's a shame on Charpentier. He put in some dues with Portland, then no sooner did he step in as the NHL backup, than his arthritis kicked in, coincident with the collapse of the Capitals' fortunes. He never really had a chance, then missed most of the second part of last season on the injured reserve list. His NHL career is probably over.

Game over. Awesome.

Vic Rattlehead*

Nyclaus said:
Mines are : Iginla, Stana, Thornton.

1. Stana
2. Iginla
3. Toss up between Thornton, Heatley, or Hossa. I'll say Heatley.

Vic Rattlehead*

I'm glad that forwards like Heatley, Iginla, Thornton, and Gagne played very well tonight. They will all be important.

nazzy

Mar 6, 2002
BC
www.gocanucks.net
Adam Foote should and will be the #1 defenceman for Canada in my opinion. I love his style of play that he brings to the team, add that with experience and you got yourself a solid guy to rely on. With the loss of Blake and Pronger, Canada is missing another guy like Foote who roughs it up as much as he does.

I was surprised with how well Bouwmeester played. He jumped in a few times, didn't get caught and used his great skating to get back. He also made a few smart plays in the defensive end and negated some scoring chances, I hope he sees at least a couple of games in the tourney because he deserves it.

rulin

Jan 30, 2004
Thornton with Heatley and Iginla would be awesome. I want this line!

Stana was great in this game. Definitely deserves first star.

Vic Rattlehead*

Proud Habber said:
Thornton with Heatley and Iginla would be awesome. I want this line!

Stana was great in this game. Definitely deserves first star.
That was the line that gave us the game tying goal, but I can see Quinn trying to keep Iginla with Sakic and Lemieux.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
nazzy said:
I was surprised with how well Bouwmeester played. He jumped in a few times, didn't get caught and used his great skating to get back. He also made a few smart plays in the defensive end and negated some scoring chances, I hope he sees at least a couple of games in the tourney because he deserves it.

Totaly agree. I'd much rather have him on the ice than Brewer. And oh Maltby is useless, bring Smyth in please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad