Exhibition: Aug 28 GDT - Slovakia vs. Canada (2-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

I heard Leimuex missed the gamewinner where he had an empty net? Is it true. Swedish media reported it.

Macman

May 15, 2004
SectionX said:
I heard Leimuex missed the gamewinner where he had an empty net? Is it true. Swedish media reported it.

The net was open, but Lemieux never got his stick on it because Chara got a piece of it first.

Nazzy-19

Mar 3, 2004
Vancouver
Canadian_man said:
I just finnished watching the game. I recorded it because I had to work, damn was I ever tempted to FF to the end or come down here to find out the final. That was a great game played outstanding by both teams.

If the 2001 World Championships or their performance at last years World Championships wasn't enough, this game definitely made me earn respect toward Slovakia as a true hockey nation.

Did you have to suffer through 45 minutes of baseball like the rest of us. :shakehead

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
Macman said:
The net was open, but Lemieux never got his stick on it because Chara got a piece of it first.

Kinda reminds me of 2002. Even though it was over shadowed since Canada won the game 5-2, Lemieux totally missed a wide open net in the gold medal game. He was litterally 2 feet in front of the yawning net!

Mountain Dude

Nazzy-19 said:
Did you have to suffer through 45 minutes of baseball like the rest of us. :shakehead

Sportsnet got a few angry letters from me, thats for damn sure.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
J-Bo played very good. I think you could make it case that he was Canada's best defenceman. He was excellent. Jovo on the other hand was quite the contrery I thought. By far Canada's worst d-man. I think we should give him one more game. If he doesn't play well, then he should be out.

I think that Thornton and Gagne was the most improved. Both played well and I think that both probably got their spot in the line-up for now. I didn't think Draper and Maltby were that bad but I really didn't see a lot to like about either man. They done a good job killing off one of Slovakia PP's in the 2nd or 3rd period but that's it really. I can't really see Draper out of the line-up though but I can definitely see Maltby on the outside looking in. There's no way Maltby can be in the line-up with Smyth on the outside. That's just plain wrong. Was it just me or did Thornton & Iginla have some good chemistry going. You got a top 3 sniper in Iginla, and a top 3 playmaker in Thornton. Plus they're two of the best Power Forwards in the NHL. I'd really like to see Canada put them on a line.

Three Stars:
1. Stana
2. Iginla
3. Heatley

I also thought Chara was the best player for the Slovaks. He's the kind of player you hate to play against but love to have on your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad