Exhibition: Aug 25 GDT - Finland vs. Sweden (1-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

Riddarn said:
Probably not much. Ekman would become just another peripheral player like the Sedins and Zetterberg, without the technique to compensate for it. I'd like to throw in Jonathan Hedström or a fit Michael Renberg in there, on the checking line. Holmströms skating is not good enough. I don't think the swedish puck posession tactic will work very well, it doesn't create a lot of chances and all it does is to create turnovers for the opposing team. What about those turnovers or "transitional game" or whatever it's called in english.. Could you see one such successful play from the swedes today? I couldn't. It looks like nobody knows what to do on a simple 3-on-2..

Yes they have been playing pretty sloppy, but I wouldn't expect more from exhibiton games. They are not going to be champions in 3 games that doesn't mean anything.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
SectionX said:
Yes they have been playing pretty sloppy, but I wouldn't expect more from exhibiton games. They are not going to be champions in 3 games that doesn't mean anything.

Agreed. But the sloppyness needs to be corrected nonetheless. The finns looked way better prepared.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
The result of the game is not important. The way the teams played is. It seems that both teams took it a bit easy at times (without seeing the game) and both teams should have more to show later on when the World Cup starts.

I rather see Team Finland losing this game to Team Sweden than in the World Cup.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Padawan said:
I rather see Team Finland losing this game to Team Sweden than in the World Cup.

I know what you mean. Finland and Sweden both like to choke it up big time if they start their tournaments & practice games by playing too good.

SChan*

Riddarn said:
I know what you mean. Finland and Sweden both like to choke it up big time if they start their tournaments & practice games by playing too good.
I am worried that sweden will choke before the semi final.

nazzy

Mar 6, 2002
BC
www.gocanucks.net
Now regarding Ohlund, is he actually receiving third pairing minutes or is it just like that on paper? Either way, how many minutes do you guys estimate he's getting and is he put in all the key situations (such as PP, PK, late stages of a game, etc)?

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
SectionX said:
I am worried that sweden will choke before the semi final.

Yes choking in the quarter would be bad.. But hey at least the worst thing that could happen is that we lose to Germany, arguably a better hockey nation than Belarus.

SChan*

Riddarn said:
Yes choking in the quarter would be bad.. But hey at least the worst thing that could happen is that we lose to Germany, arguably a better hockey nation than Belarus.

Did you catch what Forsberg said after the game? I missed it.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
SectionX said:
Did you catch what Forsberg said after the game? I missed it.

Nah I turned the damned thing off. With the olympics and all I think I've gotten a sports overdose for today.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I liked PJ Axelssons work on the second goal. Probably a borderline penalty but he created that goal for Sweden out of nothing. Good shot by Näslund also.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Jussi said:
Rally? I read that it was a bit lucky, puck bounced off of Pitkänen's skates or something.

I am pretty sure he refers to the actual shot and the move he just made before he released it.

I do agree that the he was a bit lucky there though, getting posession of the puck for a second time via Pitkänen's skates.. before scoring.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
nazzy said:
Now regarding Ohlund, is he actually receiving third pairing minutes or is it just like that on paper? Either way, how many minutes do you guys estimate he's getting and is he put in all the key situations (such as PP, PK, late stages of a game, etc)?

Sweden's rolling their 3 defence pairs, so I'm sure Ohlund's minutes are steady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad