Exhibition: Aug 25 GDT - Finland vs. Sweden (1-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

The word is that Forsberg will try to play. Imo he should sit out the exhibition matches like Lemiuex does.

Last edited:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
I am guessing it will be Tommy Salo, since Tellqvist played the first game.
It hasn't been official yet though.

SChan*

Predatore said:
I am guessing it will be Tommy Salo, since Tellqvist played the first game.
It hasn't been official yet though.

if Salo gets the first keeper job in this tournament I will puke.

SChan*

Tomorrow is the first time Forsberg and Naslund will play together in a national game since 1993 :handclap:

Last edited by a moderator:

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
SectionX said:
Tomorrow is the first time Forsberg and Naslund will play together in an national game since 1993 :handclap:

Not that it matters a great lot, but I think they actually played together once in the last World Cup (1996), though I doubt they played on the same line.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
SectionX said:
Tomorrow is the first time Forsberg and Naslund will play together in an national game since 1993 :handclap:

that will be the highlight for me personally. I almost wish Sundström was playing as well, to re-unite that successful line :)

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
The swedish media reports that Forsberg has been practising with Sundin, Näslund, Lidström and Holmström on the power play. If that 5-man unit ever see the light of the day, it is on paper the best power play unit Sweden has ever had.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Leo Naphta said:
Not that it matters a great lot, but I think they actually played together once in the last World Cup (1996), though I doubt they played on the same line.

Well, Näslund was a healthy scratch then. I only think he dressed one game, and like you say they did not play on the same line :)

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Apparently PÃ¥hlsson has been taken off Forsberg's line and Axelsson has replaced Modin on Sundin's line in practise - I doubt the latter move will last though. I haven't seen the new lines in their totality though. Has anyone else?

bling

Jun 23, 2004
bling said:
Dan Can, your link to the Forsberg story does not work. Can you fix it?

Yep, It is fixed now. But, bling, you never told me you could read Swedish. :) Nice picture of Foppa though.

http://http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Cross...d=6884&a=246252

Bonus: Heres some moving pictures from yesterday's practise in Globen. Click "Click 'Forsberg ser bättre ut':

http://www.aftonbladet.se/ettor/webb/543_normal.html

P.S. the guy interviewed is only a journalist from Aftonbladet. He follows the training passes every day. Apart from saying that Forsberg is looking better and better, he says that
• 1) Sweden is practising a lot of powerplay since this is a key to World Cup succes. More interestingly, the coaches are trying to see how this super PP line works: Forsberg - Sundin - Näslund - Lidström - Holmström. On paper arguably the best PP line Sweden has ever had, but lets see how it works in reality
2) the goalies are coached very hard since this is another key to success. In such a short tournament, a hot goalie can carry a team very long way. No hint as to who will keep the net tomorrow, but as mentioned earlier in this thread, Salo is a good guess.

Last edited:

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Leo Naphta said:
Apparently PÃ¥hlsson has been taken off Forsberg's line and Axelsson has replaced Modin on Sundin's line in practise - I doubt the latter move will last though. I haven't seen the new lines in their totality though. Has anyone else?

Never mind about that, I just found them. Apparently Jönsson played with Forsberg and Näslund, Zetterberg and the twins stayed together. Påhlsson centered a fourth line consisting of Nilson and Holmström. Ekman, Johansson and Modin were kept off the top four lines.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
Team Sweden had these "lines" in todays practice, according to Expressens reporter.

1. Sundin with Axelsson & Alfredsson
2. Forsberg with Näslund & Jönsson
3. Zetterberg with Sedin & Sedin
4. Holmström with Påhlsson & Nilson
5. Johansson with Ekman & Modin

1. Lidström & Bäckman
2. Norström & Ragnarsson
3. Öhlund & Tjärnqvist

Kim Johnsson didn´t participate (Iliopsoas = höftböjarna), he did rehab instead. Dick Tärnström left after 10 minutes and he will not play tomorrow due to a knee injury that has bugged him since Friday. Nothing serious though.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
DanCan said:
Yep, It is fixed now. But, bling, you never told me you could read Swedish. :) Nice picture of Foppa though.

http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Cross...d=6884&a=246252

Bonus: Heres some moving pictures from yesterday's practise in Globen. Click "Click 'Forsberg ser bättre ut':

http://www.aftonbladet.se/ettor/webb/543_normal.html

Still not working but should now, nevermind that..how did you know I can read Swedish and what Foppa pic are you talking about? You are creeping me out here buddy... :help:

SChan*

Forsberg and Naslund was on the same team 1996, but naslund never played with Peter since he was not in a good shape then. This is definitley the first time they play on the same line again, except when Forsberg, naslund and Bertuzzi lighted it up in an allstar game.

dw2927

Feb 13, 2004
Paavola, Mich.
All the best to Tommy in goal for Tre Kronor. Even if he isn't named the starter, (Tellqvist probably deserves it anyway), it would be nice to see him try for a bit of redemption against the Finns, after the debacle at the WC's a few years back.

It would be interesting to see Vesa Toskala play, but I would guess that Kiprusoff will get his first action in. I wonder if the starting job is still open for Lehtonen, or whether Kiprusoff has been annointed as the starter..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad