Exhibition: Aug 25 GDT - Finland vs. Sweden (1-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
SectionX said:
Sweden scores. Jönsson after a pass from Forsberg I think.
Who was it that wanted him off Peter's line...LOL

Thanks for the additional info SectionX the live score is pretty bland.

SChan*

bling said:
Who was it that wanted him off Peter's line...LOL

Thanks for the additional info SectionX the live score is pretty bland.

Well it was first thing Jönsson did in this game :)

Forsberg with the pressure now. Zetterberg had a golden chance earlier. Kipper is rock solid. Kiprusof is unbelieveable :eek:

bling

Jun 23, 2004
SectionX said:
Well it was first thing Jönsson did in this game :)

Forsberg with the pressure now. Zetterberg had a golden chance earlier. Kipper is rock solid. Kiprusof is unbelieveable :eek:

I understand what you are saying. I am just glad somebody was there to put Forsberg's pass in the net.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
SectionX said:
No, it was PJ Axelsson :)

Yes I saw that on the live score thingy right after I posted. Thank you for your information and reportage this game. :D

SChan*

rick_tml89 said:
How well did both teams play?

Finland started as the better team, but sweden took over later in the game. Kipper looks very good as well.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I hope playing Kipper in this game was an indication that he is not the sure starter :) now play Kari the next two games ;) Vesa would be alright too :D

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
short summary :)

FIRST PERIOD
Finland the better team. Finns skating hard. Salo lets in a softie, Jokinen is the best player in the period. Swedes don't forecheck that much.

SECOND PERIOD
Sweden takes over. Forsberg gets hit and starts playing physical and well. Kiprusoff makes several nice saves.

THIRD PERIOD
Another period in which Sweden is the better team. Jörgen Jönsson takes the game to overtime.

OT
PJ Axelsson "roughs" a bit (could have been called) when he manages to get the puck to Markus Näslund who with a nice wrister beats Kiprusoff up high.

Players that stood out for Finland
- Kiprusoff, was the best player of the game IMO.
- Jokinen, looked sharp.. at least in the first period.

Players that stood out for Sweden
- Öhlund/Norström, delivered a couple of nice hits and very solid in their own end
- Sundin/Zetterberg, did not do anything spectacular but played with intensity.

Salo had a good game also, despite the first softie.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
I think both teams, sweden especially, has a few extra gears to throw in if needed. Sure they weren't friendly but Sweden played a bad first period and decent from time to time in the later two. Sundin & Alfie needs to show more offense, I don't like that line at all so far.

Boring game.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Riddarn said:
Boring game.

yup, definitely. Not as boring as the one against Slovakia, but still a way less entertaining than an average World Championships game IMO.

I'd like to see Nils Ekman in the next exhibition game, just to see what he can achieve at this level of play.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Predatore said:
I'd like to see Nils Ekman in the next exhibition game, just to see what he can achieve at this level of play.

Probably not much. Ekman would become just another peripheral player like the Sedins and Zetterberg, without the technique to compensate for it. I'd like to throw in Jonathan Hedström or a fit Michael Renberg in there, on the checking line. Holmströms skating is not good enough. I don't think the swedish puck posession tactic will work very well, it doesn't create a lot of chances and all it does is to create turnovers for the opposing team. What about those turnovers or "transitional game" or whatever it's called in english.. Could you see one such successful play from the swedes today? I couldn't. It looks like nobody knows what to do on a simple 3-on-2..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->