Exhibition: Aug 23 GDT - Canada vs. USA (1-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
4-2 Canada. Should give a good look at preliminary line combos and team strategies.

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
either way - the victor will claim that it is a sign of their supremecy and the loser will claim that the game means nothing and they weren't concerned with the out come as much as what they worked on. On that note- as always, if Canada loses to the States it will be a surprise.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
team USA won't even show up. if they do, they'll confuse their canes as sticks. :) canada will romp them. man, i love cheering for an overwhelming favorite. you can talk so much smack.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
It is definitely on LeafsTV. Was at Team USA's practice yesterday and the LeafsTV logos are on the boards. Not that it helps anyone outside of Ohio, but for Ohioans, the game will be broadcast on the Ohio News Network (check your local cable provider for listings).

I'm going to the game tonight. It should be exciting.

I'll say 5-3 for Canada.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
jericholic19 said:
team USA won't even show up. if they do, they'll confuse their canes as sticks. :) canada will romp them. man, i love cheering for an overwhelming favorite. you can talk so much smack.

With that title, be prepared to have to take some lumps if your teams falls short. Stay humble, Canada...

Sure, we're the defending World Cup champs but that was 8 long years ago. Canada is the world power and everyone is gunning for them. I'd be happy with a top 4 finish for Team USA because of their weakness in net and their mediocre blue line. They can skate and score goals but keeping the puck out of the net will be their problem.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Canada Lines thus far...

St. Louis-Lemieux-Richards
Marleau-Thornton-Heatley
Gagne-Sakic-Iginla
Morrow-Lecavalier-Smyth
Maltby-Draper-Doan

Redden-Foote
Brewer-Jovanovski
Regehr-Niederemeyer
Hannan-JBo

Brodeur
Luongo
Theodore

The Lemieux line is sitting out tonight's game, but it seems Levavalier's line is really the '5th' line and probably on the outside looking in thus far (but that could change via exhibition performance). The Thornton line has supposedly looked very good.

The 4th pairing on D is the combo of Hannan-J-Bo (no big suprise), although it's unclear who is sitting tonight on the blue-line.

Brodeur will start tonight, with Luongo coming in half way through. Brodeur will play the complete game on Saturday night and has been officially declared the starter.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe said:
It is definitely on LeafsTV. Was at Team USA's practice yesterday and the LeafsTV logos are on the boards. Not that it helps anyone outside of Ohio, but for Ohioans, the game will be broadcast on the Ohio News Network (check your local cable provider for listings).

I'm going to the game tonight. It should be exciting.

I'll say 5-3 for Canada.

What about us outside the Leafs TV region????????????? :cry:

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
thome_26 said:
either way - the victor will claim that it is a sign of their supremecy and the loser will claim that the game means nothing and they weren't concerned with the out come as much as what they worked on.
This is the best prediction I've read....... 100% chance of being correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad