Exhibition: Aug 23 GDT - Canada vs. USA (1-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
How many players can each team dress? 20 players (2 goalies/18 skaters)? 22 players (2 goalies/20 skaters)? 23 players (3 goalies/20 skaters)? The entire roster?

Cat Called Bobcat

Dec 3, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Shoalzie said:
How many players can each team dress? 20 players (2 goalies/18 skaters)? 22 players (2 goalies/20 skaters)? 23 players (3 goalies/20 skaters)? The entire roster?

For the game tonight, I believe I read that each team got permission to dress two extra players.

For Canada, Lemieux won't play, and I think it was Lecavalier and St. Louis that won't play tonight either.

EDIT: Richards won't play, and Lecavalier will - that's what I get for not reading all the posts in a thread.

Last edited:

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Who cares? It's pre-season. We're not dressing Lemieux, Richards or St. Louis. Wake next week when the tournament starts. For those of you who do care, get a life. It's still August, for crying out loud. Too many important things to worry about than exhibition games for the World Cup.

Cat Called Bobcat

Dec 3, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
God Bless Canada said:
Who cares? It's pre-season. We're not dressing Lemieux, Richards or St. Louis. Wake next week when the tournament starts. For those of you who do care, get a life. It's still August, for crying out loud. Too many important things to worry about than exhibition games for the World Cup.

Why are you here?

Malakhov

Nov 30, 2003
Montreal, QC
Visit site
God Bless Canada said:
For those of you who do care, get a life. It's still August, for crying out loud. Too many important things to worry about than exhibition games for the World Cup.
And here he is on a hockey message board in august telling us to get a life :shakehead

Sorry, we're here because we share a passion and that passion is hockey, we have that passion all year long.

Now piss off.

Jovo Cop

I think the US and canada will split ..we will win at home and the US will win in C-bus.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Shoalzie said:
With that title, be prepared to have to take some lumps if your teams falls short. Stay humble, Canada...

An anticipated response. Oh Canada...has taken some lumps internationally of late (especially in the WJHC). I expect it due to the increased competitive nature of other countries like slovakia. Personally, I think Finland is the dark horse team of the touney by virtue of having great goaltending and a number of gritty/grinding hockey players.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
jericholic19 said:
An anticipated response. Oh Canada...has taken some lumps internationally of late (especially in the WJHC). I expect it due to the increased competitive nature of other countries like slovakia. Personally, I think Finland is the dark horse team of the touney by virtue of having great goaltending and a number of gritty/grinding hockey players.

When did we lose to Slovakia? :dunno:

Muddy Wilbury

Flyers Fan in Ottawa
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, ON.
Malakhov said:
Now piss off.

:handclap:

-cnote-

p.s. Bell ExpressVu question about LeafsTV. It's included in the "More Sports" package , which I have, but I don't remember coming accross this channel. What number is it?

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
I know it's a longshot, but by any chance is somebody capturing it and making a Torrent of it?

Please?

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
12# Peter Bondra said:
You lost to us in the WC's in 2002 for sure :) . Your last loss vs us in the WC's.

That wasn't Canada. It was some off the map country pretending to be us. That wasn't a leaf on their uniforms, it was a red weed.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Canadian_man said:
That wasn't Canada. It was some off the map country pretending to be us. That wasn't a leaf on their uniforms, it was a red weed.
The thing is though, we only played once against each other (in a big game) and that was the 96 WC. You beat us 3-2 but it was close.

Note: Smyth played for that Red-Weed team and he is on the Canada roster now :) so that was Canada. But I get your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad