Confirmed with Link: Executive VP/COO Kevin Gilmore leaves the Canadiens organization

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Therrien promoted to Habs CEO:

First course of action:

More dump and chase clinics for hockey youth outside the arena.

We wanna hear our prospects in our town saying I wanna be one day like Lucas Lessio or Paul Byron or Mike Brown .

GRINDIN

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Sad to hear, Kevin Gilmore is a great guy who did some tremendous stuff for this club. He will be dearly missed in Montreal.

Wish him all the best in his future endeavors.

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
Amazing business personality, had the pleasure of meeting him through conferences on sports marketing. Intelligent and kind person. Wish him all the best in his future ventures.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Now our team is gonna really suck! I bet Price leaves. Its the first major stick taken out of the beaver dam! Better watch out down river.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Maybe he heard they're going to trade PK and he got mad that his job was going to become much more difficult to market the team without him. :sarcasm:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Maybe he heard they're going to trade PK and he got mad that his job was going to become much more difficult to market the team without him. :sarcasm:

No, there is no conspiracy. If you read the press release Molson & him already agreed to his departure far before the current announcement.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
This...could very well explain alot, an awful lot of what's wrong with the Habs...
Look at the players treated well, and treated poorly. Look at how his coaching staff only gets more bloated. Look at the players we friggin target (the ones who are easily moulded and told what to do). Look at how much respect and reverence doled out toward Therrien from BargainBin.

Makes too much sense.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Head coaches often decide who they want as their assistants..
I get that. I also feel like any GM worth his salt would've fired the dunces in charge of our special teams the past 4 years and would've made some changes after his team went 5W-25L.

Not this one.

And we have two coaches too many now with Muller. Therrien, JJD, Lacroix, Muller, Jodin, Waite and Leblanc.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I get that. I also feel like any GM worth his salt would've fired the dunces in charge of our special teams the past 4 years and would've made some changes after his team went 5W-25L.

Not this one.

And we have two coaches too many now with Muller. Therrien, JJD, Lacroix, Muller, Jodin, Waite and Leblanc.

Not really, since only Muller and Waite can be considered coaches. The rest have 0 hockey, intra-personal and innovative skills.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Not this one.

Head coach, 2 assistant coaches on the bench, a goaltending coach and a video coach is the norm.

Pittsburgh,SJ, Dallas and Nashville all have 1 HC, 2 AC, 1 GC and 1 VC.

Boston has 1 HC, 3 AC, 1 GC and 1 VC.

Kings have 1 HC, 2 AC and 1 GC.

The Wild have 1 HC, 4 AC and 1 GC.

Our number of coaches is fine. The quality for some (JJD, MT, Lacroix, I dunno for Leblanc) is debatable though.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Not really, since only Muller and Waite can be considered coaches. The rest have 0 hockey, intra-personal and innovative skills.

I've never met Daigneault nor Jodoin, but they hit me as pretty smart people. You can question Daigneault's ability to manage a powerplay, but he has been pretty good at developing Defensemen in his hockey career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad