Confirmed with Link: Executive VP/COO Kevin Gilmore leaves the Canadiens organization

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I don't think he was fired. I think he left of his own accord. For what reason I wonder..

I wonder if this could be a good opportunity for Molson to hire a VP with more hockey knowledge who could be a watchdog for MB/MT, or if Gilmore's role was too business related and still need to be filled or if it was just a matter of completing a few projects (tour du canadien, club 1909, new TV deals, etc). This is the type of stuff I'd expect Molson to be able to take care of, the big projects.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I don't think he was fired. I think he left of his own accord. For what reason I wonder..

I wonder if this could be a good opportunity for Molson to hire a VP with more hockey knowledge who could be a watchdog for MB/MT, or if Gilmore's role was too business related and still need to be filled or if it was just a matter of completing a few projects (tour du canadien, club 1909, new TV deals, etc). This is the type of stuff I'd expect Molson to be able to take care of, the big projects.

I think Gilmore had more to do with the business side of things, branding, and whatnot.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
No stone left unturned!

Looks like he had another oppurtunity and went that way. Post people at that level aren't going to stick around with the same organization for too long.

But he's the guy behind 24CH, so I definitely hope that horrible show is cancelled now. That show would've made Goebbels proud.

Reactions: HBDay

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Seems like 24CH was his idea, helped get Club 1909 started and was a key part into the contructions of la Tour des Canadiens I & II. The Habs lost someone big since those 3 things have been the 3 biggest marketing/business projects associated with the Habs.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
MB is most likely mad at him for all those empty seats last season. The sellout streak is long dead they lie to us we are not blind.

I can't believe they raised ticket prices after that ****-show. #FireBergevin

void

Jan 5, 2006
Doesn't change anything on the hockey side of things. Their marketing takes a bit of a hit but I think they'll be fine regardless...

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Opening a position for Therrien when they relocate him to make Muller head coach. Therrien will grind the financial numbers instead. DDH will be the secretary.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
As they say on The Prize is Right, Serge Savard come on down!

Serge is pretty business savy, understand more what Habs fans wants and he could have a hand in the hockey part.

Mad Brills*

He was rumoured to be the MLSE CEO before they hired a different guy in October.

Wonder if he's going to vegas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad