Post-Game Talk: [EX2] Canucks lose to Oilers - 1-2 (OT) (Hughes)

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
All the bottom of the roster additions look like big upgrades over the past few years' groups so far, really encouraging.
Minus Motte id take most of this bottom 6 over anyone we have this year over anyone we have run the past however many years

Reactions: timw33

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Losing to McDavid in overtime is the most satisfying conclusion that that does not result in a Canucks win

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It’s preseason lad I wouldn’t read anything into it for a player of that caliber. What he did on 1 leg in the playoffs said a lot more

Yeah. Draisaitl has always had different gears. He can go from completely detached mailing it in, to absolutely dominating with the flip of a switch. With the playoffs, we've seen him absolutely drive the bus for the Oilers. On one leg and two.

Reactions: bh53

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Hughes caught day dreaming a bit there :laugh: , has to know that McDavid is beside him

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
I think we’ll be a pretty decent team with Suter Blueger clogging defensive lanes and Cole Soucy providing long sticks and good D.
Long good D is what we need after having to deal with Myers all this time.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Solid game played some kids that looked good play that well with Miller and the full NHL lineup could have a decent season )

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
For those who suggest Myers can be a solid 3rd pairing defenseman. Hopefully you watched this game.

That guy needs to go.

Reactions: Play

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Losing to McDavid in overtime is the most satisfying conclusion that that does not result in a Canucks win
I thought you would have said something like “Stamkos scores in his last game” would have been the most satisfying

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
For those who suggest Myers can be a solid 3rd pairing defenseman. Hopefully you watched this game.

That guy needs to go.
Okay fine I admit I was wrong. He needs to be replaced.

But to my defence remember the Myers game vs Toronto ?

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Yeah. Draisaitl has always had different gears. He can go from completely detached mailing it in, to absolutely dominating with the flip of a switch. With the playoffs, we've seen him absolutely drive the bus for the Oilers. On one leg and two.
Watching what he has done even in their 2017 run you just can’t deny it

Reactions: biturbo19

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Eh? Myers had fairly lengthy stretches in the past for us when he didn't suck. NogoodBranSuck looked passable when Edler was lifting his fat ass. Eriksson was one big turd from start to finish. Last on the ice & first to leave the ice
Nah.

All three have played so bad, especially in relation to their cap hits, that theyve been hated by thr fan base.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Nah.

All three have played so bad, especially in relation to their cap hits, that theyve been hated by thr fan base.
So you're telling me those whipping boys were so bad, they supplied the whips to their "fans".:naughty:

I was so f***ing wrong.
I've been there many times in the past, present and future :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad