Post-Game Talk: [EX2] Canucks lose to Oilers - 1-2 (OT) (Hughes)

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Projected Lines:

Canucks
Höglander-Pettersson-Kuzmenko
Åman-Blueger-Studnicka
Bains-Räty-Garland
Joshua-Sasson-Dries

Hughes-Soucy
Brisebois-Myers
Wolanin-McWard

DeSmith

Oilers
TBD

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Hoping for a better result this time. Lol.
Also hoping to see one or two of the fringe guys to start separating themselves from the pack. Depending on who is in the lineup, I’m going to be watching McWard, Hoglander and PDG closely. Joshua, based on yesterdays groupings may be sitting out but he’s another guy along with Hirose who I want to see step up. Podzolkin I think needs more time in the AHL.
Realistically there’s not a lot of spots open if Mikheyev is good to go and there are no other injuries.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Thanks for starting this one, Vector - I thought maybe someone else should do it after the disastrous first result. :laugh:

Superstition is alive and well!

Really excited to see the Oilers young guys. Gagner, Hall, Eberle, Paajarvi and now RNH? That team will be contending for cups in a few years!

Seriously...want to see more from Hoglander and Podz this game. This franchise needs one of those guys to step up this year.

Likewise, hoping Hirose and/or McWard continue showing well. Would be a tremendous boost to see one of those guys somehow evolve into a top 4D.

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
Predicting the Oilers play their whole NHL team and the Canucks play about 25% (no one from the top 6 or top 4). We lose 9-1 and we take pride in scoring a goal and only letting 9 in.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Oilers TBD is much better than our TBD .......8-0 Oil:sarcasm:

The excitiement with camp lies in the young guns....McWard Hirose Hoglander Raty Bains and Podkolzin my eyes are on ya..

Although i will say i am excited to see some new faces and Boeser as well as we get closer to opening day....first impressions on Suter was meh but you can tell he has poise.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Edmonton's entire top-6 and their 1G against what will likely be another Abbotsford lineup. This will be another blowout.

Reactions: bh53

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Canucks also play tomorrow in Seattle at 7pm so will be interesting to see how the roster is split.

There was supposed to be a 10am practice for those that weren’t traveling but nothing’s been reported on it.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Oilers lineup looks like their opening night roster..I doubt we're icing ours.

I dont care if we win/lose..I just want to see some kind of identity/effort/system in the game.

Apparently, Brandon Sutter had a good showing in his Oilers debut..Good for him overcoming the long covid, and getting back to normal.

Reactions: alternate

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I expect the Oilers to be on a post-Vegas series revenge tour all year and generally drop-kick most of the league in the regular season, so assume this will be the beginning of multiple beatings at their hands.

Reactions: Ozone and credulous

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Any word on the Canucks roster yet? Would be disappointing to see them frees another nothing roster

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Let's see more of the regulars in this game
Build up that chemistry and momentum heading into the reg season.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I’ve waited multiple months for hockey only to be welcomed by multiple double digit losses

Experience Canucks Hockey

And you know Sutter is scoring tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad