Ex-Rangers on TB Proving AV Was at Fault in NY

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
This is true. It doesn't matter who Hedman's partner is - by having Hedman on it it is a de facto shutdown pair. With his size and speed, he can cover space and as long as you're in roughly the right spot as his partner, he'll handle the rest.

McDonagh is good, but not that good. He struggled when he came here with Girardi as his partner because while McDonagh is a good skater and defender, he's not Hedman. Having him with Stralman makes them formidable, though.

I have to say - one thing having a second #1 has shown me is that Hedman really is *that* good. Because I don't think there's a single facet of the game in which McDonagh has looked nearly at his level (despite playing pretty well at the end of the season and the playoffs).

I can tell you that you should be thanking your lucky stars to be a Lightning fan. I've been a Leaf fan for 20 years, and I've never got to cheer for a defenceman of Hedman's calibre. Even McDonagh is better than almost anyone I've watched. On top of that you get to enjoy Stamkos, Kucherov, then of course you also had prime Richards, Lecavalier and St. Louis. The calibre of players and teams you've enjoyed makes me incredibly jealous.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I can tell you that you should be thanking your lucky stars to be a Lightning fan. I've been a Leaf fan for 20 years, and I've never got to cheer for a defenceman of Hedman's calibre. Even McDonagh is better than almost anyone I've watched. On top of that you get to enjoy Stamkos, Kucherov, then of course you also had prime Richards, Lecavalier and St. Louis. The calibre of players and teams you've enjoyed makes me incredibly jealous.
I'm aware, honestly. That's one thing that keeps you going through the bad stretches of the franchise - there were still reasons to tune in.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Y8l92Jh.png

im pretty anti corgis but girardi seems like he hurts you more than he helps you. the other team seems to be driving the play most of the time when he's out there

Insane that a player like this was so overhyped he made an all star game :laugh:

Reactions: LiasAndersson

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

sounds like you're forgetting all star jeff finger. an amazing transition defenseman who could also lay down hits that made you spill your oatmeal. although at times his hits got him into trouble. i'll never forget the time finger banged some guy from behind in the corner, started a huge scrum and supplemental discipline was handed out.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Anton Stralman was a terrific player with the RANGERS
also. Not resigning him was a mistake and if I remember correctly salary related

Nope, apparently, Stralman's agent was NEVER called...not even once.

Let go to sign Dan Boyle...a 2014-version of Dan Boyle... Every single last fan of the team cried out in pain and yet "Sather is The Man," and you don't question a legend.

Well, of course the entire coaching issue is a problem because of Glen Sather, who in turn is an extension of the greatest Ranger problem of all, which is James Dolan...if not the very worst owner in the NHL (simply because he spends to cap), certainly the ugliest. Keep in mind he IS the worst owner in the NBA, as the Knicks have been literally destroyed by this beast of a man.

BTW, only Dolan honestly believes himself to be smarter than everyone else in the League because he employs the arrogant old, cigar-chomping ass.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

best part of that translated site:

Q: In the first year there was a big problem in that you lived alone.
A: Now my girlfriend came. She was three months old, and then she had to leave the US and re-enter.

tenor.gif

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Just saw an interview with Girardi and he even admitted that getting bought was a "wake up call" aka he knew he was crap at the end with the Rangers and had to make some big changes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad