Ex-Canucks Discussions - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
WTF did he get hit with.. mono? Must be pretty damn serious... this isn't anywhere close to the timeline of your typical flu...

Just says illness, nothing specific.
He's playing his first game tonight for the pens

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
The Kassian story unfolding in Montreal in a VERY familiar way...

Some post gm comments from his last game...

Kassian hasn't really been given a shot to show what he could do. Bad linemates (non-NHLers) and limited icetime. Seems like Therrien isn't very fond of him..

It happened with Briere 2 years ago and Sekac last season so will it be Kassian's turn this season?

DD was the best forward tonight and by a fair margin.

I dont know why so many people seems high on Kassian, he is clearly better than Prust but i don't see how he could keep the pace in the top 6 seriously. In my opinion, Dale Weise is a better player than Kassian.

I'd rather see Kassian in Therrien's dog house than Semin. Thankfully, both have made a good impression on Therrien so far, and Fleischmann is doing great too.

It IS a bit weird that Kassian is getting the jobber treatment from the get go though. I was expecting him to get one or two looks on a scoring line to at least get a good idea of what he can be. It looks more and more like coach T is looking for him to be Prust 2.0 and little more.

I don't get that impression at all. Maybe a bit of mis-characterization. Therrien likely sees a big body that can protect pucks in corners and he put him on a line with a prospect that possesses that same strength. Probably just wants to see the two of them battle for pucks and cycle it down low.

I won't put too much into it. It's pre season, where Mitchell and Flynn are top-sixers.

Kassian needs to stop fighting, he's awful.

In Kassian's defence, he was fighting a 6ft4 220 heavyweight goon in a astronaut costume. He just needs to make better decisions regarding who he fights. At least he showed everyone he's not a *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad