Ex-Canucks Discussions - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I remember when Jensen was the next big thing because of the SEL numbers he was putting up.

Forsling is obviously far from a sure thing but he is promising I would much rather have him than Clendening or what we have now (nothing?).

JA

Two very cool hi-res photographs of Alex Mogilny:

GS58-7676.jpg

original_b005e75bcda86713c48f2122a2a5151d.jpg

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Weird, Läck split time in his preseason debut with former Canuck-system goalie Drew MacIntyre. Eddie was perfect on 22 shots, and MacIntyre allowed both Capital goals in the third period:

Eddie Lack was sharp as a tack in his Hurricanes debut. He played the first two periods in net and shined especially bright in the middle frame when the Caps peppered him with 18 of the 22 shots he faced and stopped. It was an impressive first appearance in net for Lack, who will certainly battle Cam Ward to be the starting goaltender come Oct. 8.

JA

Weird, Läck split time in his preseason debut with former Canuck-system goalie Drew MacIntyre. Eddie was perfect on 22 shots, and MacIntyre allowed both Capital goals in the third period:

MacIntyre's debut was memorable. I recall Joe Thornton's breakaway slapshot on him like it was yesterday. It's the only memory of him that really stuck. After Curtis Sanford allowed 3 goals on 12 shots, MacIntyre gave up 2 on 11 shots.

3:02:

http://canucks.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2007020462
Sharks 5, Canucks 2
Wednesday, 08.06.2014 / 1:49 AM
Associated Press

SAN JOSE (AP) The needle finally slipped below the red line Thursday night in San Jose as the Canucks fell 5-2 to the Sharks.

Playing their third game in four nights, the Canucks simple didn't have the gas in the tank to overcome Joe Thornton, who scored a goal and an assist to pace San Jose.

Trevor Linden briefly gave the road team hope late in the game making it 3-2, but his third goal of the season proved little more than window dressing as the Sharks popped two quick ones on rookie Drew MacIntrye to finish the affair.

MacIntyre's first taste of the NHL wasn't an easy assignment as he relieved Curtis Sanford in the second period after Wednesday's hero in Anaheim gave up three goals on 12 shots.

Evgeni Nabokov made 15 saves to record his league-leading 17th victory as the Sharks won for the sixth time in seven games, and got their sixth win on home ice after winning just five of their first 13 at the HP Pavilion.

The Canucks were outplayed for most of the game and threw MacIntyre to the Sharks late in the third after climbing to within a goal of San Jose with a pair of giveways that led directly to San Jose goals.

"Our of five goals, four of them were mistakes, and you can't play like that," said Vancouver defenseman Willie Mitchell, who got dusted by Michalek on San Jose's first goal. "Against a team that good, you can't make more than one mistake."

Nabokov has started each of the Sharks' 30 games this season, and the veteran has rarely been better. He picked up his league-leading 17th victory and barely missed his 39th career shutout while keeping his goals-against average at 2.00, the second-best mark in the NHL behind Detroit's Chris Osgood.

Curtis Sanford allowed three goals on 12 shots while filling in again for Roberto Luongo, who has missed four of Vancouver's last five games with bruised ribs. Drew MacIntyre made his NHL debut in relief of Sanford after the Sharks went up 3-0 in the second period.
121307_SJS22_POG_b.jpg

121307_SJS20_b.jpg

He only played one more game in a Canucks uniform after that.

Last edited by a moderator:

arsmaster*

Looks like Stanton is getting a look with John Carlson on the top pairing tonight vs the Bruins.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Shane must be for the AHL. He's no longer a NHL-calibre player and was a bit of a stretch to begin with. Santo was a great pickup for them, damn Ducks and their smart management. All they are missing now is Burrows and the three amigos will be reunited.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Stanton could fit better for Trotz than Willie.

If he gets a chance...
He should get waived....

Their 1-ways:

Niskanen, Matt
Orpik, Brooks
Carlson, John
Alzner, Karl D
Orlov, Dmitry
Schmidt, Nate
Chorney, Taylor

We could always put a claim in for him when he does get waived..

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If he gets a chance...
He should get waived....

Their 1-ways:

Niskanen, Matt
Orpik, Brooks
Carlson, John
Alzner, Karl D
Orlov, Dmitry
Schmidt, Nate
Chorney, Taylor

We could always put a claim in for him when he does get waived..

How on earth did Taylor Chorney get a one-way deal? :laugh:

It's a joke that Stanton has to battle for a job on a two-way. Guy is an NHL player. Pro scouting in this league sucks.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Yeah, there is no sane universe in which Chorney deserves to be on an NHL roster ahead of Stanton.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/13718069/nhl-anaheim-ducks-new-faces-finding-fit-teammates

holy crap, anaheim has santo and sugar shane too. poor shane, was dumped for a first round draft pick three months before the ducks won the cup.

i think he and colorado would both want that one back.

With Kes, Juice, Santo and SOB there the Ducks are now basically Vancouver South.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
The bottom half of that defense is pretty suspect, I wouldn't be surprised to see him make it. He should at least be able to beat out Chorney. And does Chorney really have a 1-way contract? He's played 24 NHL games over the past 5 years...

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I still cant ****ing believe we didnt give sanguinetti even a half a chance to be something. After playing so damn well for the baby canucks.
Pathetic and embarrassing.

SaltySnipes*

Imagine this lineup...

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Baertschi - Horvat - Vrbata

Matthias - Bonino - Burrows

Higgins - Richardson - Hansen

Kenins, Grenier/Gaunce

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Garrison

Stanton - Bartkowski

Sanguinetti

Lack
Markstrom

Now that's depth.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Shane must be for the AHL. He's no longer a NHL-calibre player and was a bit of a stretch to begin with. Santo was a great pickup for them, damn Ducks and their smart management. All they are missing now is Burrows and the three amigos will be reunited.

maybe he is only there so kev and kes have someone to watch get piss drunk at a strip club and throw peanuts at during training camp?

sugar shane: the joey fatone of the zombie-nucks.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I always liked SOB. I felt like he had the tools, but god was he stupid on the ice. Off it too, to be honest. If he could have just not been lazy, and actually tried to be a professional, I feel like he could have got it together.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Kassian's first impression in Montreal is exactly as we have seen here... he didn't do much, but he flashed all his tools which has some excited about him... others mixed.

13:09, 0:55 sec PP, 2 hits, 0 shots

Don't want to defend him{Kassian} but he played with Mitchell ... still not a very good game.

I thought he was the best player on the ice for both teams tonight.
I was surprised at DSP speed tonight. He's starting to look good. Kassian was the one that impressed me much. Speed, grit and hands for a bottom 6. I'll wait till he gest better competition before celebrating though.

Kassian: Thought he made some poor decisions in the first (esp. on the powerplay), had a good second and a quieter third. I was hoping for more, don't really get the "best player on the ice" comments I see from some.
Kassian-really impressed with his passing and ability to protect the puck and make plays. Seems like they want him to be a skill guy with size and an edge, not a physical guy first. I think he can add 35 points on a 3rd line or 45-50 on a 2nd line. Maybe he does a bit of both...in front on the PP?

Kass Attack is really pumped tho..
Kass Attack said:
Kassian: I'm not going to go ahead and say he was giving his 110% and that he was a standout yesterday, but what he brings on the table, is something this team desperately needed. He's strong as hell along the boards, goes to the net and in the blue paint on the PP, and is a disturbed mind, which IMO is a good thing. Very talkative and will try and get other players off their games between whistles. Komarov was way more quiet after Kassian gave him the crazy eyes. Therrien has to put him on an offensive role. I think he and Desharnais could do wonders if paired with a guy like DSP.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
SO those things getting said about Stanton and Kassian, could we say the same glowing reviews for the players we essentially replace them with? (Sbisa/Prust)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille