Ex-Canucks Discussions - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I always had him pegged as a moody player, boy did I have it wrong. He sounds pretty smart and positive about his experience here.

I still maintain that on a lesser team he would have stuck at the NHL level. He just had to get past the 'butterflies' stage.

Yeah, I'd like to see him come back and give it another shot. Playing for 2 years in the AHL seems to have really rounded out his game and made him that much more deadly in the KHL.

Yeah I would love to see him give the NHL a shot, seems to be some good offensive upside there.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
they're replaying the spengler cup final on tsn right now. good ol' josh holden is on the third line with marc-antoine pouliot and byron ritchie. wears an A, even.

Scottrockztheworld*

@TEAM1040
Well, that's interesting....MT @reallisa: Darryl Sutter said that Willie Mitchell had knee surgery' Interesting

@TEAM1040
RT @reallisa: Sutter on Mitchell : "he should have been a couple of weeks. Now it is almost 7."

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Anyone know what Jeff Tambellini's up to these days? His wiki page says Zurich Lions but I don't see him on their roster.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Hodgson looking good in BUF camp. He played with Vanek and Pomminville, which is likely to be their top line. I don't see how Hodgson does not crack 50 points this year.

He is nicely set up to succeed there in BUF.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Hodgson looking good in BUF camp. He played with Vanek and Pomminville, which is likely to be their top line. I don't see how Hodgson does not crack 50 points this year.

Based on how good Grigorenko has been he might not last long in that position. Then he'll get outplayed by Ennis and be back on the third line. :laugh: (Unlikely but just thought it would be a funny scenario.)

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Based on how good Grigorenko has been he might not last long in that position. Then he'll get outplayed by Ennis and be back on the third line. :laugh: (Unlikely but just thought it would be a funny scenario.)

That would be... unfortunate. ;)

If they're smart and send Grigs down for further development, he should be on the top line and he should crack 50 points easy. Watch this place explode as a result.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
I wish Hodgson all the best, but at the same time I hope he fails because good god will Canuck fans be unbearable if he gets 50 and Kassian only gets 20 and only 2 hits per game. :laugh:

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary

Are you saying 50 in 48? Or forgetting about the shortened season?

Happy for Cody though, I have no problem with the Sabres or him (just his dad), so I hope he does well.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Are you saying 50 in 48? Or forgetting about the shortened season?

Happy for Cody though, I have no problem with the Sabres or him (just his dad), so I hope he does well.

Sorry, 50 point _pace_. Adjusted for 48 games. Then again, he could end up with 50 (PPG). I'm not ruling it out.

Outside99*

Sami Salo debut in Tampa: 23 minutes TOI, +1

Lots of positive comments from Lightning faithful.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
^ nice. :)

Sulzer looking pretty good in BUF. Did Gillis make a mistake by trading this guy? Or is this a case of him securing something on a weaker D squad? Or both?

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Russ Courtnall

Hey, I noticed Russ Courtnall scored a lot of points in his first "season" in Vancouver, that is 30 points in only 24 games in the regular season and the playoffs

My question is what line did he play on? Bure's 27 points in the same 24 games look very suspicious [Courtnall outscored Bure in the regular season games 18 points to 14, Bure outscored Courtnall in the playoffs 13 points to 12] Who was the center on that line?

Also what line did he play on the next season when Bure was out?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
as i recall, but it was a long time ago, russ courtnall was bure's center in '95. their usual LW was beranek, but i think in the playoffs they moved beranek down the lineup and put someone else (linden? brother geoff?) on that line.

M A K A V E L I*

Russ played with his brother for a little bit but it wasn't a good line, so he started playing with Gelinas and Linden.

Bure was all over the map with different linemates, but around this time he was playing mostly with Ronning, Peca, and Linden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad