Status
Not open for further replies.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
From Fluto in The Athletic:

Old friend Adam McQuaid continues to progress in his recovery from a concussion. According to Rick Curran, McQuaid’s agent, the ex-Bruin has yet to determine whether he will return to play. The 33-year-old still lives in Boston.

Reactions: StrBender

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
From Fluto in The Athletic:

Old friend Adam McQuaid continues to progress in his recovery from a concussion. According to Rick Curran, McQuaid’s agent, the ex-Bruin has yet to determine whether he will return to play. The 33-year-old still lives in Boston.
Can the Bruins recruit him as a volunteer to sit on the bench and smile menacingly at idiotic opponents?

BruinsNetwork

Hearing through the grape vine that Ryan Spooner is on his way to Russia to play in the KHL. He’s definitely leaving Switzerland.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard they paid in pesos. Will wait for @BruinsNetwork to confirm. :sarcasm:
This will be his sixth team that he played for since leaving the Bruins in 2018 (including a brief stint in the AHL). I'm thinking they only had to pay in lumps of coal. :help:

Reactions: BMC

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
This will be his sixth team that he played for since leaving the Bruins in 2018 (including a brief stint in the AHL). I'm thinking they only had to pay in lumps of coal. :help:

Boy if that isn't motivation to have the old "look in the mirror" at this point in his career I don't know what is. His agent (if it's even the same one) must be beside themselves

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I know it’s a joke (and a good one at that), but in case someone doesn’t know: Minsk is in Belarus.
As the daughter of a cartographer, I feel shame. Although to be honest I just saw KHL and didn't pay attention to the city. :)

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
As the daughter of a cartographer, I feel shame. Although to be honest I just saw KHL and didn't pay attention to the city. :)

Well it doesn’t matter if the team is in Zagreb, Helsinki or Beijing, if you are in the KHL, you are at least 50% Russian. :sarcasm:

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I always envisioned a KGB agent in a black turtle neck and trench coat handing each player a large bag of untraceable currency for their KHL salary.

Many of the former NHLers that have played there have said that they were literally paid in bags of cash. Not by the KGB directly, but people also say the KGB and Kremlin are closely tied to the KHL.

So, you are pretty much right.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
So I guess all the donato fan boys have been silenced huh? Where all the “I can’t believe they traded donato for coyle” ppl? Ha!

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Can someone refresh my memory about what happened with Kvartalnov back in the early 90s? He had that one great season, and then a second meh one and was off to Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad