Former Bruins Ex Bruin general discussion II

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Looks like ex Bruin prospect Mitch Miller signed a new 3 year deal with Ak Bars after having a strong performance in the Slovakian league.

“We discussed his negative situations in the past - the guy realized all his mistakes and was punished for them several times, which is also not quite fair.”

Just a couple of things.
This is clearly a kid who gets it! :sarcasm:
Also the Al Bars have been more transparent in their signing then the Bruins were. They shut off all communication and fell back on an internal report that was vaguely worded to make it seem would be transparent. No one has owned the Mitchell error to this day.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
A.J. Greer scored his 4th goal of the season tonight as Calgary and Las Vegas are tied 1-1 with about 15 minutes left in the 3rd period. How come we can't get players.......oh forget it. :banghead:

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
A.J. Greer scored his 4th goal of the season tonight as Calgary and Las Vegas are tied 1-1 with about 15 minutes left in the 3rd period. How come we can't get players.......oh forget it. :banghead:
Greer started off really hot last year as well and then fizzled out towards the end. In hindsight it was a mistake with the Lucic situation but can’t really blame management for it

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
The Greer thing was a bit frustrating in my opinion. How Lauko stepped in and played in the playoffs over Greer didn’t make sense. Greer played over 60 games last season and didn’t sniff the playoff. The only way Lauko scores is if someone shoots one off his face cage in it goes in. Again just an opinion here

Reactions: BBruins and Kegs

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
Per my avatar picture... so did I. And we share a birthday. Great, great player for a couple of seasons.
Its crazy how his last season was 05-06 when he could have easily been a 2nd-3rd line leader on any team deep into the 2010s if injuries didn't stop him. Seems forever ago when he last played for the Bs and he isn't even 50 years old yet.

Reactions: GoBs

False Start

May 8, 2018
The Greer thing was a bit frustrating in my opinion. How Lauko stepped in and played in the playoffs over Greer didn’t make sense. Greer played over 60 games last season and didn’t sniff the playoff. The only way Lauko scores is if someone shoots one off his face cage in it goes in. Again just an opinion here
They wanted to make the 4th line harder to play against.

Evaluating Greer's game vs Lauko's is easy. They thought Lauko's speed and PK skills would be worth it over a floater who sometimes but rarely does anything.

Lauko and Heinen are far from being ideal role players but it's what we have for now until someone from Providence steps up or we acquire someone via trade.

Reactions: The National

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Yeah, Allison was fun to watch. Probably the slowest skater ever but he knew how to shield the puck with his body and long reach. One of my favorites of that generation of Bruins. Crazy to think that he had that 90 point season at 24/25 and then was out of the league just a couple of years later.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Wasn't he supposed to be the next Bergeron for us at some point lol?

Retired at 27.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I remember he looked very promising at BU. Didn’t he have a bad head injury early on or something that might have set him back?
I saw someone, I think Divver, posted that he had concussion issues. I honestly didn't remember that. :(

Reactions: Mione134

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad