[Evolving Hockey] Defenseman GAR Ranking for 2019-2020

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
EaAKZlnWAAEH1B2

Didn't realize Pulock had been that good this season, I'll have to keep an eye out of him. Also think Josi should be the runaway Norris favorite. Nice to see McAvoy's advanced stats match the eye test, he was been dominant this season.

Anyone catch your eye / reaffirm your opinion on certain players?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The Human Rocket Ship has always been one of my favorites, so to see him at #1 is nice.

OTOH, not a single Blue Jackets defenseman is represented so clearly this whole thing is broken and terrible and I hate it and anyone using it is a fool. Or something.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Surprising to see Fox so high, but at the same time, also not. Also Ellis & Spurgeon are 2 guys who don't get anywhere near as much recognition as they deserve

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
EaAKZlnWAAEH1B2

Didn't realize Pulock had been that good this season, I'll have to keep an eye out of him. Also think Josi should be the runaway Norris favorite. Nice to see McAvoy's advanced stats match the eye test, he was been dominant this season.

Anyone catch your eye / reaffirm your opinion on certain players?

Ryan Pulock is so underrated, he has taken big strides under the tutelage of Trotz. He was a promising young d-man before, he has emerged as the #1D for the Isles now. He lacks high end wheels, but he is rock solid with a rocket shot. He invokes images of Adrian Aucoin during his peak years for the Islanders back in the day.

Reactions: wetcoast

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Ryan Pulock is so underrated, he has taken big strides under the tutelage of Trotz. He was a promising young d-man before, he has emerged as the #1D for the Isles now. He lacks high end wheels, but he is rock solid with a rocket shot. He invokes images of Adrian Aucoin during his peak years for the Islanders back in the day.
I always make sure to nab Pulock off the wire on my fantasy leagues . Just a solid all round contributor.

Reactions: PWJunior

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I read this more as an incomplete list of "D-men who are doing something good". It shows you some interesting things.

But then I'm really tempted to throw the whole thing out seeing Shattenkirk getting a dominant score from ES defense. He's either completely changed his game or this is bunk.

Reactions: Spazkat and Viqsi

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Pulock is one of the league's most underrated players and has been for some time. I've always loved his game.

Phillipe Myers should be attracting more attention soon, not surprised to see him here.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’m trying to come around to fancy stats, but it’s so hard when Ryan Ellis is double Quinn Hughes in metrics like this one.

I really like Ellis, but I just don’t see that kind of discrepancy between the two from watching them play.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m trying to come around to fancy stats, but it’s so hard when Ryan Ellis is double Quinn Hughes in metrics like this one.

I really like Ellis, but I just don’t see that kind of discrepancy between the two from watching them play.

Ellis is great at elbowing. He gets double in every category for that.

Reactions: bl02

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I read this more as an incomplete list of "D-men who are doing something good". It shows you some interesting things.

But then I'm really tempted to throw the whole thing out seeing Shattenkirk getting a dominant score from ES defense. He's either completely changed his game or this is bunk.
He's not a complete trainwreck, but yeah - he isn't great.

He gets easy deployments and is good at moving the puck, and he does well in those circumstances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad