Confirmed with Link: Evgeny Svechnikov to a PTO

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
So, 19 points in 64 games for a guy originally on a PTO (signed for league minimum) who most of the season got ****ed on ice time and usage. As an RFA, what do you think his next contract looks like?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
reading through this thread vs the commentary of him going unqualified.

🤔

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
A lot changes in a year.
March 2022 wasn't a year ago.
and what changed in a year really? PTO player, signs a contract, doesn't look out of place in a top-6 role (was the most productive line of the year). i dont think it's a big loss if he's gone, he should be easily replaced.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
March 2022 wasn't a year ago.
and what changed in a year really? PTO player, signs a contract, doesn't look out of place in a top-6 role (was the most productive line of the year). i dont think it's a big loss if he's gone, he should be easily replaced.

The thread was posted in August. So a year minus a month.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The thread was posted in August. So a year minus a month.
aware. i said reading through this thread. in august he had not even played a game for us.

the last comments were from march 2022. in Aug of last year he was on PTO, and the latest comments in march 2022 were very complimentary of him. seems to me as a PTO player we had good returns on him.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
He was the best fit for KFC/PLD last year and was defensively responsible. That said, when they decided (not sure why) to break that line up he kinda bounced up and down the line-up. If management is getting ready to trade PLD, maybe they don't think Svech has a long-term plan here with the other roster players. I guess I can kind of get it, but I thought a defensively responsible winger was still something we needed.

Still wondering if they figure they can get him for cheaper than his QO?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
He was the best fit for KFC/PLD last year and was defensively responsible. That said, when they decided (not sure why) to break that line up he kinda bounced up and down the line-up. If management is getting ready to trade PLD, maybe they don't think Svech has a long-term plan here with the other roster players. I guess I can kind of get it, but I thought a defensively responsible winger was still something we needed.

Still wondering if they figure they can get him for cheaper than his QO?
I don't think a player who took mostly o-zone draws can be characterized as defensively responsible. His work on Lowry's line would be an indication of his defensive skills, and like a lot of Russians I thought he tried to stickhandle out of the zone too often, and broke down in defensive coverage, which is why he quickly ended up on the 4th line. I thought the best fit for Dubois-Connor was Perfetti.

I see him getting cut at camp especially if the Jets dump Dubois. Maybe starts in the A. If he took a PTO clearly no other team in the NHL had a one way contract lined up for him. I think the Jets are running into the same problems as last year, with not enough bottom six special teams aces, and the biggest offseason need on this team is to improve on the PK, that's not an area Svetchnikov could help in. I think Reichel or Stenlund probably have an inside track on the 4th line RW position, it will be up to Svetchnikov to improve his overall game when it comes time for camp, to win a job.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I don't think a player who took mostly o-zone draws can be characterized as defensively responsible. His work on Lowry's line would be an indication of his defensive skills, and like a lot of Russians I thought he tried to stickhandle out of the zone too often, and broke down in defensive coverage, which is why he quickly ended up on the 4th line. I thought the best fit for Dubois-Connor was Perfetti.

I see him getting cut at camp especially if the Jets dump Dubois. Maybe starts in the A. If he took a PTO clearly no other team in the NHL had a one way contract lined up for him. I think the Jets are running into the same problems as last year, with not enough bottom six special teams aces, and the biggest offseason need on this team is to improve on the PK, that's not an area Svetchnikov could help in. I think Reichel or Stenlund probably have an inside track on the 4th line RW position, it will be up to Svetchnikov to improve his overall game when it comes time for camp, to win a job.
Has Svetch signed another PTO for this season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad