Evgeny Kuznetsov: Part 3

ryan519*

kuz more of a playmaker maybe he should be 2nd line center. god knows we need help on faceoffs

changeiskonstant

Oct 21, 2008
If I was Wilson I'd be thinking "Mother F'er".....have a good game and take away the new guy.

This.

But as long as the handedness fits, we're gonna try like hell to keep polishing the turd on Line 2.

Plus, there's still quite a few opponents out there that Wilson hasn't racked up 5 minute majors against.

Gotta bring him up right under the Oates umbrella. Otherwise we'd have OHL scrubs taking runs at him, ffs.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Oates sucks.

Oates on Kuz per The Gorm:

“I really want to caution about getting to far ahead,†Oates said. “He made a couple good plays. Good. He can make a couple boneheads tomorrow. He’s a good hockey player, he’s played pro hockey, even though it’s over there. Do I expect him to make that pass to Willy? It was a great pass. Awesome. Is he learning? Yeah, I hope so. But I also want to caution myself on the wow factor.â€

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Then leave him on the 4th line bonehead.

It worked...break it up!! Yay!

He's covering his ass in case Kuz doesn't save the season and maybe his job.

Oates is not a "wet blanket" as Gormley thought some might say, he's like hockey lithium. Doesn't want to let anyone get high or low, just keep making sure everyone's on the same, blah, cerebral even keel all the ****ing time. Then wonder why the players can't get up for a game and only show life for 10 minutes a night.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Oates is yet another example of why good players rarely turn into good coaches.

He has to go.

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
I don't see the problem with leaving Kuz on the 4th line with Beagle and Wilson. They've been creating chances. They lose a little bit of energy and grit by putting him on that line but Beagle and especially Wilson both have offensive skills. At least 2 of those 3 guys project to our top 6 in the next 2-3 years so let them start developing some chemistry. That pass/finish was sick and hopefully the sign of more to come.

Liberati0n*

The Wilson pass really was nuts. I think I forgot that kind of play was possible or allowed. It's been so long.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
I don't see the problem with leaving Kuz on the 4th line with Beagle and Wilson. They've been creating chances. They lose a little bit of energy and grit by putting him on that line but Beagle and especially Wilson both have offensive skills. At least 2 of those 3 guys project to our top 6 in the next 2-3 years so let them start developing some chemistry. That pass/finish was sick and hopefully the sign of more to come.

Beagle has offensive skills? Since when?

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Oates is ridiculous. His system is less effective than any coach since Hanlon and his lines disobey years of common hockey sense. He also doesn't know how to use a TO.

Ted and George and their crony Caps are on their way to approaching Redskins levels of amateurish management.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Keep Kuz with Wilson and Beagle just give them 2nd line minutes. Works for me.

And for the love of god please don't play Backstrom, Ovechkin and Johannsen together!

I agree Wilson got shafted.

I like Troy Brouwer. He has actually played very well lately.

However I would have traded him to get Wilson some time. As long as he is on the roster and Oates is the coach Wilson will be a 4th liner.

Coaches love Brouwer. The GM loves Brouwer. Brouwer has a bigger contract than Wilson. There isn't room for both unless we move Ovie back to LW which as long as Oates is here will not happen.

I can't see GMGM firing Oates and based on the TDL I don't see GMGM being let go. Wilson will have to spend another year on the 4th line. I don't like it.

OH..Kuznetsov looks very good! That guy is slippery in a Ribeiro way with his moves. Glad he got moved up into the top 6.

Burakovsky95*

Can anyone tell me how he looked in Anaheim? I missed the 2nd/3rd periods.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
In what little I saw, there was no chemistry with Nick. Bummer.

I kind of want to see Willy get some more chances with Kuz. Sometimes in hockey, you get instant chemistry, and inexplicable success. As a coach, you don't fight it, and if you do, only fight it when you see better.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
In what little I saw, there was no chemistry with Nick. Bummer.

I kind of want to see Willy get some more chances with Kuz. Sometimes in hockey, you get instant chemistry, and inexplicable success. As a coach, you don't fight it, and if you do, only fight it when you see better.

And they are a perfect match too since Wilson can protect him. I'd like to see Grabovski as their center.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
And they are a perfect match too since Wilson can protect him. I'd like to see Grabovski as their center.
While that does sound like a fun line to watch I'd just be happy to see Grabo as anyone's Center at this point.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I just wish we had a scoring line that could hang at ES

You'd think with Ovi and Nick the foundation for 2 lines is all but a lock. Nope.

Maybe Kuz Beagle Ovi?

Beagle has had a little jump in his gallop of late. And Grabs is no where near ready, and MJ has had more than enough time in our top 6.

How about Kuz Fehr Ovi

I am not sold Chimera and Ward need Fehr.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad