Evgeny Kuznetsov: Part 3

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I love OV, look at my avatar, but the fact of the matter is that his 5-vs-5 play has been bad this season. I think he can change his play, but right now he looks bad....coach needs to do something to get it through his head that he has to adjust his play.

Our whole TEAM looks bad 5on5 except for a select few players. The more I see the more I believe its the "system". Last night we played Hunterhockey. Trap and collapse.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
Our whole TEAM looks bad 5on5 except for a select few players. The more I see the more I believe its the "system". Last night we played Hunterhockey. Trap and collapse.

Your right about the whole team, but that just means that OV is one of the worst 5on5 players on a bad 5on5 team. Thats even worse :(

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I believe the 6'3 cause he's a big dude and doesn't seem to be shorter then Ovi but I'd put him just south of 200 right now. Thinking like 6'3 190.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Based on this image, I'd say he's right about Ovie's height. Ovie's listed at 6'2", but is probably an inch shorter than that in reality.

ovi-with-kuznetsov.jpg

Maybe the KHL measurements (6'1", 186) are accurate?

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Based on this image, I'd say he's right about Ovie's height. Ovie's listed at 6'2", but is probably an inch shorter than that in reality.

ovi-with-kuznetsov.jpg

Maybe the KHL measurements (6'1", 186) are accurate?

I always thought Ovi was a solid 6'2. Maybe not a full 6'3, but close enough. Don't think he's 6'1.

TimtheDJ84*

I think it's a morale boost and he will slow down. Tarasenko played his first few NHL games like he's gonna be a PPG rookie. But then it came down to a pretty sloppy season. Sure it's too few games left to play in the season so Kuzya can slow down in playoffs or even after them.
That happened because Tarasenko caught a blindside elbow and was concussed.He was ripping it before that and then this year playing 3rd line minutes.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
They have MaJo at 6'1, lolz. No way I'd trust any of those there.

Mojo isn't really short. He seems smaller than he is because of his play style. He's very comparable to Backstrom in height, and a little lighter (5-10 lbs?), imo.

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
And let all the former whining in this series of threads be put to rest. Kuznetsov has finally scored his first in the NHL.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Definitely looks like a player. This is one prospect where I might agree with McPhee calling him a center. The position might really fit his game.

A nice summer to get healthy and a full TC to get more acclimated and I think we'll see him raise his game.

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
Definitely looks like a player. This is one prospect where I might agree with McPhee calling him a center. The position might really fit his game.

A nice summer to get healthy and a full TC to get more acclimated and I think we'll see him raise his game.
I agree- I see him becoming a Giroux type of player if he works hard for it... He definitely has a lot of potential...

Just needs to improve his shot and not be too cute on plays.

Last edited:

ryan519*

why is he at winger exactly? he was a center in the KHL and just look at his play, hes a natural playmaker. with backstrom out could we be seeing him centering ovie's line? get some of that rooskie chemistry flowin

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I thought he played wing in the KHL? He seems to move and play like a center to my eyes, but I haven't see him take the draws and what not yet. Maybe they're just easing him into the NA game on the wing and will have him practice at the C next year.

Just hope he's not the reason we don't resign Grabo.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Congrats kid....wanted you to get that 1st one out of the way. Haven't been overly impressed with the shot so far. Hope this helps the confidence and he starts letting em go on net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad