Player Discussion Evgenii Dadonov (RW)

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I think he had his best game in game 3.

You can see the skill, but like others have mentioned, he's a complimentary player. Needs someone who can get him the puck and let him be a trigger man.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
The goals will come; I'd move him to the 2nd PP unit since Tkachuk plays the position he normally would.

Tkachuk-Norris-Stutzle-Batherson-Chabot

Dadonov-Galchenyuk-Stepan-Wolanin/Reilley-Brown

Reactions: Fenix Rises 2026

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
For a sniper he’s completely whiffed on a few decent chances lol
No kidding...that grade A chance with a few minutes left to tie it against the Leafs was a brutal miss...last night 3 fans in a row?

He did look better last night but yikes...he doesn't seem like much of a threat. He needs to get those feet moving.

Reactions: bert and Icelevel

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
The goals will come; I'd move him to the 2nd PP unit since Tkachuk plays the position he normally would.

They dont play same position. Tkachuk plays infront of the goalie, Dadonov is the bumper up hey. We saw it work to perfection a few times but missed pass or whiffed shots. The first PP personnel are perfect as is. If anyone should be replaced, should be Norris but they are def trying to incorporate him with the other guy assets on that PP so im fine with him sticking there.

Reactions: bert

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Having looked over Dadonov's goal highlights from previous years, I'm not sure where this 'Sniper' reputation is coming from. 90% of his goals are from near the crease like Tkachuk. He's definitely a complimentary piece on a good line. I think a more comfortable Stutzle will be a good match.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Having looked over Dadonov's goal highlights from previous years, I'm not sure where this 'Sniper' reputation is coming from. 90% of his goals are from near the crease like Tkachuk. He's definitely a complimentary piece on a good line. I think a more comfortable Stutzle will be a good match.

seems to be most comfortable playing in tight to the net and close to his teammates. Isn’t as much of an open ice player as I thought. Was expecting a softer player, he likes traffic and feeling the opposition

Reactions: h2

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Tkachuk-Norris-Stutzle-Batherson-Chabot

Dadonov-Galchenyuk-Stepan-Wolanin/Reilley-Brown
Tkachuk is net front he is the bumper............
They dont play same position. Tkachuk plays infront of the goalie, Dadonov is the bumper up hey. We saw it work to perfection a few times but missed pass or whiffed shots. The first PP personnel are perfect as is. If anyone should be replaced, should be Norris but they are def trying to incorporate him with the other guy assets on that PP so im fine with him sticking there.
Yeah Norris is handling the puck too much. Would much rather see Stuetle on the half wall on that pp.

PP1
Tkachuk, Stuetzle, Batherson, Dadonov, Chabot

PP2
White, Galchenyuk, Stepan, Norris, Reilly

Tkachuk and White - Net Front
Stuetzle and Galchenyuk - Right half wall
Batherson and Stepan- Left half wall
Dadonov and Norris - Bumper
Chabot and Reilly- up top

Would allow the sens to follow up the pp with Paul Tierney C Brown giving them the best chance to carry the momentum after the pp expires.

PK Paul, Tierney, C Brown, Watson and Stepan. That way everyone has a role and the ice time is divided up.

Last edited:

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I wonder if Galchenyuk is ever given a chance at the first PP unit. For all his flaws he's was consistently a better powerplay producer than Dad (until last season).

Dadonov has been struggling for a bit now, going back to the all-star break last year he has 9 in his past 27. Hopefully, it's just a cold spell but regression can come quickly at 32 years old.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I wonder if Galchenyuk is ever given a chance at the first PP unit. For all his flaws he's was consistently a better powerplay producer than Dad (until last season).

Dadonov has been struggling for a bit now, going back to the all-star break last year he has 9 in his past 27. Hopefully, it's just a cold spell but regression can come quickly at 32 years old.
Yup could end up a 3rd line player for us.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I don't think Dadonov will "unlock" until Jimmy is completely up to speed. It's pretty clear it's not working with Stepan and I don't think any of our centers are going to complement his game particularly well. I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being a bit of an off year for him as DJ tries to find the best for him. He's not like Connor Brown or Nick Paul who can slot in all over the lineup and be able to play their game, he's a little more reliant on his linemates to create opportunities for him.

I certainly haven't been disappointed with him yet, because I've still seen flashes of the talent and ability, but the production is going to need to follow sooner than later.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Tkachuk is net front he is the bumper............

Yeah Norris is handling the puck too much. Would much rather see Stuetle on the half wall on that pp.

PP1
Tkachuk, Stuetzle, Batherson, Dadonov, Chabot

PP2
White, Galchenyuk, Stepan, Norris, Reilly

Tkachuk and White - Net Front
Stuetzle and Galchenyuk - Right half wall
Batherson and Stepan- Left half wall
Dadonov and Norris - Bumper
Chabot and Reilly- up top

Would allow the sens to follow up the pp with Paul Tierney C Brown giving them the best chance to carry the momentum after the pp expires.

PK Paul, Tierney, C Brown, Watson and Stepan. That way everyone has a role and the ice time is divided up.

The one thing I'll say is that Stützle looks much more confident and impactful when he plays the left hand wall like Batherson. Stutzle on the 2nd pp setting up Gally wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but I do agree ideally he is on the #1 pp unit.

I also think DJ likes Norris on that #1 PP because he's the only natural C.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Such an awesome play to fend off the defender, take his time (with the defender flailing right behind him) and make the calm pass to the point. I was quite impressed and it calmed me big time. I think his offense is coming.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
He had a really good game against the Jets. Got a point, created and looked dangerous. I like the way he thinks the game, he does some Alfie-isms, which I always enjoyed. I think he will continue to find his form

Reactions: HzH

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
He had a really good game against the Jets. Got a point, created and looked dangerous. I like the way he thinks the game, he does some Alfie-isms, which I always enjoyed. I think he will continue to find his form

Right? He just seems to make the simple right plays. Obviously not at Alfie's level but he facilitates play for all of his teammates in a calm manner. Very valuable when you have a bunch of youngsters going balls out for offense.

I don't mind if he doesn't score a lot as long as he plays like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad