Player Discussion Evgenii Dadonov (RW)

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Duclair can create offence by himself. Dadonov relies on team structure and skill. Our team has no structure or skill. Absolutely Duclair would be doing better due to his speed and style of play.
Don’t buy that for a second. And nobody said anything to that effect when we signed him.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Duclair can create offence by himself. Dadonov relies on team structure and skill. Our team has no structure or skill. Absolutely Duclair would be doing better due to his speed and style of play.
Truth, however neither make the team better

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Handful of games after being off for forever. A squad of almost all new players. Tons of kids in key roles. Weird covid bubble of really good teams and us.

it’s gonna take some time, but he’s looked like he can play. The team will take time to come together; I’m glad he’s here.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Duclair can create a shitload offense by himself for about 10 games a season. He's ok another 10 or 20 games, and borderline invisible the rest of the time.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE

Not saying you are wrong, but Duclair is also playing for a contract. Hungry players seem to put in that extra effort for the most part.

I think Dadonov will be fine once/if the team figures itself out.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Anyone thinking we would be better with Duclair is just crazy
Lol ok Pierre.

He's the only forward of ours to show any type of poise tbh.

His style of play is clearly suited to playing with skill players. We have like one other skill forward in Batherson, and he's a rookie lol.
Duclair is better in just about every way outside of in tight goal scoring. If someone struggles to see Duclairs talent it's really too bad. Duclair also hounds pucks when he is really on. Can contribute on the PK as well. Florida won't let him go now. He has turned a corner with the sens and as per usual they blew it.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
How's it been in Ottawa so far Evgenii?!

Screenshot_20210131_103650_com.twitter.android.jpg

Reactions: StoicSensFan

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Dadonov is a better player than Duclair at this point, but I think there's some truth to the fact he'd fit the team better from a stylistic standpoint. His speed would open things up for our rather slow group of centers and he can create more on his own while Dadonov relies on talented linemates and a structured system to provide offence. I'm not sure there's a center on the team who can fit Dadonov's game as of now. Maybe White continues to take strides and it ends up being him, or maybe Geno will have to wait for Jimmy to make the full time switch to center to really take the next step.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Wait, I'm busy firing my agent

I mean, he got played by Pierre Dorion of all people.

You can't assess players value when they play on this actual discombobulated Sens team.

Look at Dadonov's recent production the last 3 years. He produced more than many players paid 7.0 a year

If it was not for this covid's situation and flat cap going forward, Dadonov would have found a better contract

The vast majority of NHL players would look worse than they are on the Sens. Many teams would be happy to have Dadonov at 5.0. They would play him with players with whom he could produce. But here, we don't have a lot of options. Playing with Anisimov, Stepan, White and Paul won't do that.

He's probably regretting at the moment as he thought our rebuild was going in the right direction but at the same time he knows it's very early and a lot can change in the near future.

I mean, yes players want to get paid but they also don't want to see their careers go to the drain.

StutzlingAway

Feb 28, 2017
I want to root for the guy and he honestly seems like a great guy. The issue for me isn't whether he is worth the contract but rather the organization decision making in buying out Ryan & letting Duclair walk. I'd definitely rather have Duclair solely on his speed and energy and I can even make an argument I'd rather see 3 more years of Ryan at 7.5M who is accustomed to the organization over Dadanov. All that being said I still think he'll turn it around once he's getting fed passes in the bumper.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I want to root for the guy and he honestly seems like a great guy. The issue for me isn't whether he is worth the contract but rather the organization decision making in buying out Ryan & letting Duclair walk. I'd definitely rather have Duclair solely on his speed and energy and I can even make an argument I'd rather see 3 more years of Ryan at 7.5M who is accustomed to the organization over Dadanov. All that being said I still think he'll turn it around once he's getting fed passes in the bumper.
Come on. Ryan and Dadonov are not close. One has had a hot start (already cooled off) and the other has had a slow start.

Saying you’d like Duclair on the team (with Dadonov) is fine, but there’s no way anyone would have said Duclair > Dadonov before this year began, and anyone saying otherwise right now is lying. There’s a reason Duclair got a small one year deal, and 99% of people liked the Dadonov signing

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I've found Dadonov to be quite good the past few games. He could have buried a few and could have had a few passes of his buried. He will start finishing and guys will start finishing his passes. Other than that, not much more should be expected of him. He's not an elite player or a play-driver - he's a guy who can create and finishes chances at a good to very good rate.

Reactions: JackieDaytona

StutzlingAway

Feb 28, 2017
Come on. Ryan and Dadonov are not close. One has had a hot start (already cooled off) and the other has had a slow start.

Saying you’d like Duclair on the team (with Dadonov) is fine, but there’s no way anyone would have said Duclair > Dadonov before this year began, and anyone saying otherwise right now is lying. There’s a reason Duclair got a small one year deal, and 99% of people liked the Dadonov signing
I agree on the Ryan one in the end of the day but the point in case is that he hasn't brought anything to the table so far thag has made it worthwhile during the rebuild if we are being honest however I still agree that Dadanov is the better player but as a fit for the team I don't see it yet. I hope he can turn it around honestly!

As for Duclair, his speed alone is something this team hasclearly been missing. Aside from Norris and Stutzle, I haven't seen any of the top 6 show any speed. Aside from those two only C.Brown & Paul have shown decent speed. You cannot win in this league without some pace.

One thing I've liked this season is our ability to generate shits although most of it comes from a few players the ability to be in the upper half of teams generating shots as been a little bright spot.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I agree on the Ryan one in the end of the day but the point in case is that he hasn't brought anything to the table so far thag has made it worthwhile during the rebuild if we are being honest however I still agree that Dadanov is the better player but as a fit for the team I don't see it yet. I hope he can turn it around honestly!

As for Duclair, his speed alone is something this team hasclearly been missing. Aside from Norris and Stutzle, I haven't seen any of the top 6 show any speed. Aside from those two only C.Brown & Paul have shown decent speed. You cannot win in this league without some pace.

One thing I've liked this season is our ability to generate shits although most of it comes from a few players the ability to be in the upper half of teams generating shots as been a little bright spot.
Totally agreed on the bolded part.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Daddy is like.......has it been three years yet?
I can go back to Florida now?

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
He is such a beast power forward. That hit he threw on Puljujarvi the other night, damn. #beastmode

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Dadbod is a stopgap as far as I'm concerned. I don't see us competing this year or next. Maybe the year after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad